𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟎𝟖

【••JAMESON••】

"James!" I flinch when Jane yells my name.

I blink and look at her to find her pouting, "what?"

"You're not paying attention to the movie!" She says, whining.

"Right, sorry," I focus my attention back to the movie.

Mom and dad are at the restaurant working so they left me with Jane to babysit.

I don't hate babysitting, I enjoy spending time with my baby sister because she doesn't annoy me.

But today wasn't the best day.

I thought after giving Sophia a ride, the tension in my body would leave but it didn't.

I still can't stop thinking about her.

You don't want to be my friend.

I'm not the friend type.

As if. If whoever was supposed to come pick her up deserves to be her friend then so do I. Hell, I've been trying to be her friend since she got into this school.

Give up.

Fuck no.

"Are you hungry?" I look at Jane who's lost in the movie.

"Yeah." She answers without taking her eyes off the tv, "I want pizza."

"Okay, I'll order some- can I get up?"

"Okay."

I get up and walk to a corner, taking out my phone. I pull up my call log and dial the number of the restaurant.

If Sophia thinks I don't want to be her friend then she's wrong. She's so wrong.

I thought I made it clear during our little argument but I guess not.

The real question is why am I still hooked up on being her friend? This is the second sign that she gave me which means I should leave her alone.

But I can't.

After I give our pizza order, I take my seat back on the couch with my sister.

We're watching barbie. Today was Jane's turn to select the movie because last time I was the one who chose.

Jane hits my arm when I yawn, "geez, what?"

"Stop yawning."

"I'm tired."

"No, you're not." She says, crossing her arms against her chest, "you're not tired. You're bored."

"Can we watch marvel-"

"No!"

"Okay!" I say, throwing my hands up in surrender, "I surrender."

"Good." Jane turns back to the TV and watches Barbie.

Her grumpiness reminds me of Sophia.

I wonder if Sophia and Jane would get along. They probably will if it includes exposing or roasting me. Jane likes exposing my embarrassing moments in front of people. Not to everyone.

Jane has never liked any girl I've dated in the past, she never spoke a word when we babysat her together, she wouldn't even talk to me because she thought the girl I was dating would take me away.

I've never had a relationship longer than 8 months, I never felt committed to anyone.

People think I sound fake when I say I want to find someone who would love and appreciate my family as much as I do.