𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟑𝟕

【••SOPHIA••】

“Earth to Sophia?”

I look up at my brother’s voice.

We’re standing outside of our father's mansion. We just finished dinner… I think.

I was in no mood to come here but if I had skipped this dinner, mom would’ve gotten more worried and thought something serious happened between me and Jameson so I took my absent mind here.

Did I even talk?

“Are you okay?” Alan’s brows pull together in concern. I haven’t been able to utter a word. My mind keeps surrounding itself with what happened at Mark’s party and the effect we’ll see tomorrow.

“I’m fine.” my voice is barely a whisper. I’ve been holding the urge to cry since Jameson dropped me off two nights ago.

My chest squeezes at the thought.

I haven’t talked to him since Mark’s party.

He called me. He didn’t stop sending texts. Liv told me he went to the cafe to talk to me. He even came to my apartment. When I didn’t answer the door bell, he started banging on the door. He knew I was inside.

He came over again when mom was home. I told mom to tell him that I was sick and didn’t want to meet anyone. Mom wanted to do anything but that. Still, she did it.

I don’t care what the students will say to me at school after that fight at Mark’s. I can easily ignore their comments like I have been since I started studying there.

I’m scared of what comments they’ll throw Jameson’s way. I know, I just know Tyler will continue to push Jameson’s buttons to get him in trouble and after the reaction Jameson gave to him that night, he knows exactly what to talk about.

Jameson still hasn't told me what Tyler said, he’s not going to and I don’t care. I just don’t want him to get in trouble with Tyler at school and ruin his image.

What if the comments he gets in school get brutal to a point that he gets sick of me? That whenever he sees my face and realizes what he did and push me away.

I don’t want to think that way. I don’t want anything to affect his image at school. I don’t want him to push me away.

My eyes drift to my phone.

Jameson hasn’t texted me since earlier this morning. He hasn’t called me either or visited the apartment.

Maybe he finally realized his mistake.

The thought is a stab straight to my heart.

“What happened, Sophia?”

I turn towards Alan. He’s still standing beside me.

I shake my head, “nothing.” I try to give him a reassuring smile but fail.

I take a step forward on wobbly legs to make my way towards my car.

“Since when do you lie to me?” Alan walks behind.

I don’t answer him. I quietly make my way towards the car, slowing my steps as I reach it.

I turn around after a beat to find my brother looking at me with his head tilted.

“Can I ask you something?” I ask.

“Sure.”

“Have you… um, have you ever gotten in a fight because someone said something about Eva?”

I don’t miss how his eyes darken for a second before he masks it, “yeah. Two times.”

Oh. “how did Eva react?”