𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟑𝟗

【••SOPHIA••】

“You’re so lucky Jameson studies in the same school as you.” Liv says with a pout.

I smile to myself as I brush my hair.

We’re going to watch the guys' game today. None of them knows we’re coming. It’s a surprise.

None of us have gone to their games before. Me, because basketball never interested me and Liv, because she didn’t want to go alone.

The only reason we’re going is to watch the guys play. We’ve seen them play once that day at the basketball court but we never saw them play with the team.

I thought me not attending one of Jameson’s practices would piss him off and I even asked him once if it annoyed him.

His response was, “I don’t mind. I’m not going to force you to come but when you do, make sure you wear my jersey so that everyone knows you’re mine, understand? Good.”

That day, he gave me one of his jerseys ‘just incase’.

Ethan gave Liv his jersey a week after they started dating.

Today, we’re both surprising them by attending their game wearing their numbers. We paired the jerseys with blue jeans and a white shirt underneath.

I turn around to face Liv, who’s sitting cross-legged on my bed, “Ethan misses you at school. Jameson doesn’t miss the chance to annoy him.”

Liv laughs, “I’m guessing Jameson doesn’t hate me now for stealing his best friend.”

“He never hated you. He’s dramatic.” I look at the time, “we should head out now.”

“Okay.”

Liv hops off the bed. We grab our purses and walk out of the room where we find our mothers watching TV with a bag of chips placed between them.

They turn their attention towards us when Liv clears her throat a little too loud.

“We’re leaving now.” I say.

“You both look so beautiful.” Mom says with a smile on her face.

Me and Liv smile as we exchange a glance.

“Aren’t those boys lucky to have our beautiful girls?” Anna asks mom.

Mom chuckles, “they are.”

Anna turns her head towards us before she says, “have fun, girls.”

“Thank you.” me and Liv say in unison.

Giving a kiss on our moms cheeks, me and Liv leave the apartment.

________

By the time we reach the school’s basketball court, half of it is filled with students from our school and the school we’re competing against.

Liv and I find our seats in the top third row.

“Are we too early?” Liv asks after we settle in.

“I don’t think so. The game is probably about to start.”