𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟎𝟒

【••JAMESON••】

Sophia missed me.

She didn't admit it but I know she did.

I saw the relief on her facial expression when we locked eyes. She showed emotion for only a second and I caught her- I wouldn't dare to blink and miss it.

I had been grinning the whole day yesterday after I realized Sophia missed my presence.

Maybe she doesn't hate me as much as I thought she does.

It was an achievement- catching emotion on Sophia's face other than annoyance. I kept replaying our interaction.

I was happy to know my absence put an effect on Sophia but I hadn't realized my next move that day would've put an effect on me as well.

We were inches away from each other, I could almost taste her lips. And by the way she stared at my lips, I knew she expected me to.

Did I want to? No, I would've been dead the next day- as in, today.

Besides, I wasn't interested in her that way. I wanted to be her friend. Just a friend.

Ethan's words from yesterday replay in my head.

Do you like her?

No. No. Hell no.

Do I?

The image of Sophia flashes into my mind. Pretty brown hazel eyes. Perfect nose. Jawline worth kissing. Lips worth tasting-

I shake my head.

What the fuck was I doing? Have I lost my mind? Why am I daydreaming about Sophia Clark? A woman who is able to kill me.

Both physically and mentally.

I look straight ahead towards my first class- where I'll be meeting the same woman I was just daydreaming about.

I walk into the class, expecting her to be sitting elsewhere- somehow convincing Ms Tessa.

But a smile tugs up at the corner of my lips when I catch her sitting at her assigned seat. Beside mine.

She doesn't look up as I approach my desk. It's when I take my seat does she turn her head towards me.

I look at her.

Facial expression: blank.

We continue to stare at each other, blankly.

There gotta be something she's thinking about.

Is it not possible that she was daydreaming about me just like I was daydreaming about her a second ago?

Before my senses kicked in.

"Good morning," I say as I give her one of my smiles everyone adores so much.

When I give her a smile, I expect one in return but she doesn't give me anything. Her reaction is either blank or of annoyance.

"Morning," she tears her gaze away from me and I suddenly want her to stare at me again.

No, don't go there.

"So.." I start as she opens her textbook, picking up her pencil, "you didn't talk to Ms Tessa?"

“I did,” she says, without looking at me, “she didn’t listen.”

“Told you,” the corner of my mouth lifts up when she rolls her eyes, “why didn’t she though?”