𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟑𝟖

【••JAMESON••】

Monday morning, when we walk into school, whispers and stares erupt in the hallways. Some send side-way glances at Sophia when mentioned that I attacked Tyler because of her.

Not all whispers are bad. Some said what happened at Mark’s party was right because someone had to put Tyler in his place to not talk shit.

I make sure to tuck Sophia closer to me when Nessa and her friends throw disgusted looks at her and I send a glare in return.

I’m pretty sure Sophia doesn’t need my assistant because she doesn’t care what everyone says about her. She’s more worried about me.

Earlier today, she asked me if Tyler could get me benched from the team because I attacked him and Tyler’s father is somewhat of a title holder.

“If he bitches to his father, he has to explain that he threw a party. And let me tell you, Tyler’s dad does not approve of the kind of parties Tyler throws.” I said, “also, if he does go to his father to tattle about me, it’ll take away his ‘pride’”

Sophia still didn’t buy it. She’s still worried. How do I know? She kept asking Ethan the same question. And Ethan as much as an asshole said, “it would be fun to replay that scene at the party. I regret stopping him.”

Sophia blinked at him and I smiled, flipping him off.

Ethan separates from us to go to his first class. Sophia and I continue to walk towards ours.

“Are you okay?” I ask, softly.

Sophia looks up, her eyes softening as she nods, “I don’t care what they say about me.”

“I do.”

“I know. That’s why you punched that asshole Tyler.” she says.

I smile and kiss her, feeling her lips form a smile as she kisses back.

We pull away and look ahead to find Tyler walking down the hall opposite us.

His steps slow down as he spots me and Sophia. We stop outside of Ms Tessa’s class as I scan over his visible injuries.

He has a bruise under his right eye and his lower lip is swollen.

I should’ve broken his fucking nose.

His gaze lands on Sophia for a mere second before he looks back at me. His jaw clenches and I don’t stop the smirk spreading across my lips.

He shoves his hands in his pockets and walks past us without a word.

“His nose looks too nice.” I say as we walk into the class.

Sophia chuckles, putting down her bag, “his face lost its attractiveness.”

Sophia takes her seat, I raise my eyebrow, “he’s attractive?”

Sophia looks up, “he was.”

“So, you found him attractive?”

“Kind of?”

“Kind of as in yes?”

She stares at me for a while before she says, “are you jealous?”

I scoff, “no.”

Who the fuck is Tyler to be jealous of?

Someone she found attractive.

Shut up.

“You are jealous.” Sophia says, a smile spreading across her lips.

“I am not jealous.” I drop in my seat, “I just have another reason to ruin his features completely.”

She hums, taking out her notebooks. The smile on her face doesn’t vanish.

If I accidentally throw the ball at Tyler’s face and his nose breaks then it’s not my fault, right? Or If I accidentally hit him with my car? Or he falls into the ocean and drowns? Or-

“You’re more attractive.”

My thoughts come to an abrupt stop at Sophia’s words.

I focus on her. She still has her smile showing her dimples. Her focus is on her notebook instead of me to hide the red shade spreading her cheeks.

“What?” comes out of my mouth.

“I’m not repeating it.” she says.

“No, no, no, you have to." I say leaning forward, "I need to film it.”

She finally looks at me with a boring expression and says, “no.”

“Oh, come on!- wait.” I stare at her, “does this mean you found me attractive even when you ‘hated’ me.”

Sophia doesn’t answer. Instead, the shade brightens and she quickly looks away. A grin spreads across my face.

“You did.”

“No, I didn’t.” she doesn’t miss a beat.

“You’re a horrible liar, genius.” I sit back in my seat, “so you did have a crush on me.”

“I didn’t have a crush on you.” she says, bringing her attention towards me. I don’t let my grin slip.

“You had a crush on me.”

“I didn’t.” she hisses, “just because I found you attractive doesn’t mean I had a crush on you.”

My grin widens, “You found me attractive.”

Sophia buries her face into her palms and lets out a muffled groan. I laugh.

“I’m never letting you get away with this, genius.”

She drags her hands across her face and lets out a defeated sigh, “I hate you.”

“The shade spreading across your cheeks says otherwise.”

Sophia picks up her book and hits me with it. I laugh while she presses her lips into a thin line to stop herself from laughing.

I take the notebook from her, leaning in and peck her lips, “I found you attractive as well, genius.”

“Just because I complimented you doesn’t mean you have to send a fake compliment.”

“I don’t give fake compliments, genius.”

She smiles, “so you had a crush on me then.”

I hum, “maybe. Probably.”

“So you admit it?”

“Yeah. I sure as hell didn’t back down to make you like me.”

She frowns, “you made me hate you.”

I smile, “I made you like me too.”

She bites her lower lip to stop herself from smiling.

“Get a room.” one of the students mutters.

Sophia’s smile vanishes as she sends a glare over my shoulder. I kiss her cheeks.

We settle back into our seats properly as Ms Tessa enters the class and starts teaching.