𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝟒

【••JAMESON••】

A girl shouldn’t look so attractive in simple white pants and black top but here is Sophia looking beautiful.

I’ve seen Sophia outside of school at her cafe but I never noticed her outfit. Mostly because the counter hid her outfit and she’s wearing an apron during her job.

I can still feel the skip of my heart beat when I saw Sophia walking out of the apartment. Thank God our school has uniforms because I don’t think I’d survive her outfits.

We haven’t said anything since she told me that she wants me to pretend to be her boyfriend in front of her family. Although, I’m not going to lie, I’m curious to know why she wants me to pretend in front of her family.

We’re sitting quietly in our booth, looking at our menus. I didn’t pick a fancy restaurant and I don’t think it would’ve mattered, Sophia didn’t sound excited about this date.

Fake date.

Right.

I glance up from my menu and stare at her features. She has her hair down and few strands are falling in front of her face. I form my hand into fist to stop myself from reaching out and moving those strains away from her face.

Thankfully, she does it herself.

My eyes drop to her lips. They’re parted as she’s reading the menu, not a hint of smile on her face.

Why do I want to see her smile?

She sits back and looks up.

Our gazes lock.

She raises her eyebrow in question.

Shit.

“Uh, are you ready to order?” I ask, grabbing my menu.

“Yes.” her gaze lands back on the menu as she licks her lips. I swallow hard.

This might be a bad idea.

                         ___________

“So, why do you want us to pretend to date in front of your family?” I ask after the waiter walks away with our menus and order written on his notepad.

Sophia stares down at her lap when she answers, “it’s a little complicated.”

I don’t push the topic since she looks uncomfortable discussing it.

But a thought enters my mind.

Does her family think she’s not capable of finding a boyfriend? Because if that’s true then they’re insane. Sophia’s beautiful and smart, anyone would be lucky to date her. Yeah, she doesn’t talk much but I’m sure she will once she finds someone interesting.

She talks to you.

I push the thought out of my head before I get ahead of myself.

“So, what’s this date thing your friend was talking about?” I ask, Sophia looks up.

“It’s in November. My dad plans this small gathering for his business friends, they usually close up deals. He invites me and my brother as well-”

“Invites?” I cut her off.

She stares at me. Her lips form a thin line before they part again to say, “my parents are divorced.”

Oh.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. They got divorced when I was four. I live with my mom, my brother is in college, and he and his girlfriend live together.”