𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟐𝟎

【••JAMESON••】

I stop my car in front of Sophia's apartment building before I take out my phone to send her a text.

Me
I'm here

She texts back almost instantly.

Genius
Coming

I put my phone in my blazer's pocket before I get out of the car. I shut the door and lean my back towards the car while I wait for Sophia to come down. 

The neighborhood where Sophia lives is louder compared to where I live. There are multiple shops and restaurants lined up, the streets are never empty- from what I've noticed- and they're always lightening.

I look around my surroundings before I spot Sophia walk out of the building.

Suddenly, everything around me stops.

She has her hair down, the silver rings on her finger shines in the dark as she moves her hair from her shoulder. I don't know what she's wearing under her coat but God she looks so beautiful right now.

She doesn't catch me staring since she's busy checking her items in her purse and I couldn't be more thankful.

When she finally looks up, she halts a few feet away from me. Our eyes locked.

Everything comes to life.

"Hi," The air rushes out my lungs as I speak.

"Hi? Are you okay?" She tilts her head

I cross my arms against my chest, nodding, "yup, I'm good."

"Okay," she drawls.

"You look beautiful."

"Oh- but you haven't seen what I'm wearing."

"You still look beautiful."

"Oh," her cheeks turn a light shade of red as she looks down at herself, "thank you."

I smile. She looks up at me again.

"Should we go?"

"Right, yes." I step aside and open the door for her, "in you go."

She gets in without saying another word, I shut the door and walk around the car to get in.

The scent of strawberries is already spreading in my car when I get in.

I start my car, take a deep breath and start driving, listening to Sophia's directions.

________

Sophia rings the doorbell and takes a step back from the door as we wait.

The tapping of her heels makes me look at her. She's biting her lower lips.

"Why are you nervous?" I ask.

Her head turns towards me, "you're meeting my father."