𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟒𝟎

【••JAMESON••】

“I’m ready!” Jane hops off the last stair wearing a pink floral dress with a small bag hung over her shoulder which contains her toys.

Jane has a play date with a friend at the park and I’m responsible for looking after her since mom will be helping dad at the restaurant.

“Do you want me to hold your bag?” I ask, watching Jane struggle with the weight.

“Yes,” she answers with a pout.

I take the bag from her then hold the door open. Jane exists first then I follow after her.

Carefully putting her bag aside, I strap her into her car seat.

“Can we get sweets before we go to the park?” Jane asks.

I look at her and she innocently grins.

“You want me to buy you sweets when mom pointed out last night that you’re eating too much sweets?”

Her lips form a sad pout, “I want to buy it for my friend.” I raise an eyebrow, “if we go to Sophia for sweets, you can ask her to come with you.” her grin returns.

I hum, “a play date with Sophia?”

“Yes.”

“You have to convince her.”

“Okie!”

“Okay.” I kiss her forehead before I step back and shut the door.

I walk around the car to get in the driver’s seat. After starting the car, I send a quick text to Sophia to let her know we’re visiting.

Her reply is quick.

My Genius
I’m protecting all chocolate flavored sweets for her.

My lips form a huge smile as I drive into the street.

_____

“Jane!”

As soon as we enter the cafe, Sophia abandons her place from behind the counter to come and hug Jane.

“Hi, Sophia” Jane says through a giggle.

Sophia pulls away with a smile, “hi. I saved all chocolate pastries.”

“Yay!”

Sophia’s smile widens.

“I feel rejected.”

Sophia rolls her eyes playfully while my sister laughs at my statement.

“Hello, Jameson.”

“Hello, girlfriend.” I kiss her cheeks, “you know, you’re supposed to acknowledge your boyfriend first.”

“Says Who?”

“My rule book about dating.”

“You’re dramatic.”

“Fine. At least kiss me.”

Sophia blinks at me then looks down at Jane who’s staring up at us with innocent eyes.

“Go find Liv. This isn’t for you to see.” I say, pointing towards where Liv is.

Jane pouts. She turns and walks away to where Liv is behind the counter. Liv takes Jane to the kitchen.

She’s going to eat too many sweets.

“Okay. all clear.” I say to Sophia, “kiss me, now.”

Sophia pecks my lips, “there.”

“That wasn’t a kiss.”