𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟐𝟒

【••JAMESON••】

I know I told Sophia that she could decide the day she wants to meet my family. But my mom and my sister are both very stubborn.

After mom found out that Jane met Sophia and Jane talked very highly of Sophia, Mom couldn't resist. She wanted to meet Sophia right away.

I was able to tell her to wait for a week but then I told her that I'm heading to Sophia's yesterday and she told me to invite her.

Sophia didn't seem to mind. She actually started panicking.

Not because she had to meet my family but because she felt bad for not meeting them earlier and forgetting about it.

Was I expecting it? No.

But did I like that Sophia was looking forward to meeting my family? Yes.

Jane starts singing when I reach downstairs,"James and Sophia sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

I blink at her, "don't sing that when she's here."

"Why? Won't you kiss her?" Jane grins

No.

We've never kissed. There were moments where we would have kissed- and I wanted to- but we didn't. Because that's not what we agreed on.

"What are you doing?" I change the subject as I reach the coffee table where Jane is. There are pieces of papers spread over the table.

"I'm making paper rings." She says, lifting a piece of paper she's working on, "Jake taught me how to make them."

What?

"Jake?" Jane stares at me, "a boy?"

"Yes." Jane turns her back towards me and continues working.

"You sit with a boy?"

"He's my friend."

"A boy."

Jane turns to me, "are you okay? Are you sick?"

"What?- no- I-"

My sentence gets cut off when the bell rings.

"Your girlfriend's here." Jane sings songs.

"James, go see the door." Mom says from the kitchen.

I take a few steps back towards the hallway leading to the door, still looking at Jane.

A boy? She sits with a boy? A boy taught her to make paper rings? Why am I panicking? It's a boy!

I turn when I get the hold of the doorknob, I throw the door open.

She sits with a boy.

I turn my head to say 'hi' but my throat dries up at the sight of Sophia.

All my thoughts vanish as I stare at her.

She's wearing a black overall dress with a white full sleeves shirt underneath. Her hair is tied in a loose ponytail with a few strands loose in front of her face.