𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝟗

【••SOPHIA••】

"How is everything going with Jameson?" I turn my head towards Alan as he speaks.

"It's good." I say, Alan smiles.

It's our regular dinner night with father and he's late. As always, we're sitting in the living room waiting for him.

"Are you going to tell dad about him tonight?"

"No.. not tonight."

"Sophia. It's been 3 weeks."

Already? Me and Jameson have been pretending for 3 weeks? That's so long.

"I'm just.." I play with the hem of my dress skirt as I let out a sigh, "I'm not ready to tell him yet."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I'm scared."

I'm scared that he'd see through my lies. I'm scared he'd ask something I wouldn't be able to answer and that would show that me and Jameson are pretending. I'm scared he'd know that I am such a coward that I had to ask someone to pretend to be my boyfriend just to prove I'm responsible.

"Well, I think it would be better if you tell him as soon as possible." Alan says before he takes a sip of his champagne.

I look at my glass of water placed on the table, the ice cubes in it are already dissolving.

"I guess." I mutter.

"Mister Alan, Miss Sophia." We turn our heads towards the entrance of the living room where Ivan is standing with his hand clasped in front of him, "your father is waiting in the dining room."

"Okay." Alan and I both say at the same time before we get up from our couch taking our drinks with us towards the dining room.

When we enter the dining room, father is seated on his chair. When he looks up, a genuine smile takes over his lips.

For Alan.

We both walk towards our chairs and take our seats.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, son. I had a lot to do at the office today." Father explains, his head turned towards Alan.

"It's alright, dad. Don't worry." Alan says with a smile on his face.

Father nods and the maid enters holding our plate of food. She places it in front of us, me and Alan say thank you before they leave the dining room.

We pick up our utensils and-

My phone rings.

I drop my spoon and quickly grab my bag, taking out my phone. The sound echoes loud in the room.

"Sorry," I mumble before I look at the ID calling-

Jameson.

"Excuse me." I quietly say before I get up from my seat, putting my phone against my chest as I walk out of the dining room.

I walk towards the end of the staircase before I pick up the call.

"What?" I hissed.

"Do you have my literature book? I can't find it." Jameson's voice comes through the other side.

I squeeze my eyes shut, gritting my teeth. I take a deep breath before I let myself speak.

"I don't know. I'll check it when I get home."

"You're not home?" He asks surprised, "it's a school night- you're out on a school night?"

I roll my eyes at Jameson's dramatic gasp.