𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟒𝟓

【••SOPHIA••】

Watching Jane and Jameson bicker over what to watch is now my one of the favorite things to witness.

Jane knows Jameson would do anything to make sure she gets what she wants and she uses that to her advantage.

Jane might be five but she’s clever.

“I want to watch beauty and the beast!” Jane whines for the hundredth time- okay, that’s an exaggeration. She said it five times.

“I said we’re not watching any princess movies.” Jameson says.

We watched Spiderman as per Jane’s request because Jameson was able to convince her to watch marvel only if she gets to choose the movie.

It’s not working out so well now.

“I told you we’ll watch whatever you choose from marvel.” Jameson says

“But marvel is so boring.”

Jameson gasps dramatically, “how dare you. Marvel is anything but boring.”

“They are boring. And I want to watch Beauty and the Beast.”

“No.”

Jane pouts then looks at me, “Sophiaaa.” Jane sits beside me and hugs my arm, “James is so mean. He won’t let me watch my movie.”

This isn’t fair. She’s using my weakness.

I glare at Jameson.

“Wh- why are you glaring at me?”

“Let her watch what she wants.”

“This is so unfair. Just because she’s a-”

“Jameson.”

Jameson huffs, “fine. We’ll watch beauty and the beast.” he mutters the last part.

Jane throws her arms up, grinning, “yay!”

I smile at Jane while Jameson puts on Beauty and the Beast.

“I’ll go make more popcorn.” Jameson grabs the empty bowl, pecks my cheeks and gets up.

Jameson goes into the kitchen. My attention turns to Jane when she giggles.

“James likes you so much.” Jane whisper-yells.

“I like him a lot, too. Don’t tell him or he’ll never let me live this down.” I whisper back.

she giggles again, “You’re so sweet and pretty, Sophia.” I smile, “you’re nothing like Olivia-”

Jane covers her mouth as soon as the name escapes her. I frown at her.

Olivia?

“Who’s Olivia?”

“No one.” Jane quickly says. Her smile isn’t there anymore, instead she looks scared. “She’s no one. I hate her.” Jane's body slowly starts shaking. It won't be noticeable from afar but it's there.

“Hey, its okay.” I put my arms around Jane, pulling her closer. She hugs me, burying her face in my arm, “you’re not watching the movie.”

“Oh,” Jane turns her attention towards the movie and she quickly gets lost in them.

Jameson comes back with popcorn and we keep our attention on the movie but I can’t concentrate on it.

Who’s Olivia?

________

Jane falls asleep halfway through the movie. Jameson whines about how we could’ve watched one of the movies he wanted since Jane was going to fall asleep either way.