𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟑𝟔

【••JAMESON••】

Sophia didn't text me the day after the party at Mark's.

It was Saturday so we didn't have school.

I tried calling her, but she didn’t answer.

I went to where she works, she wasn’t there.

I went to her apartment, but no one answered.

I know she was inside. I know she heard the bell ringing, the knocks- the bangs- on the door but didn’t answer.

Since that night after I dropped her off, there's been an unsettling ache in my chest which has never been there before.

I miss her. I miss her so fucking much that I haven’t slept in two days.

I didn’t stop calling or texting her. I went to her apartment thrice in a day. Two times, no one answered. One time, Laura did but she said that Sophia was sick and won’t come out of her room.

It was the concern on Laura’s face that increased the ache.

I’m staring at the texts I’ve sent her the night after I dropped her off and last night.

Me. Friday, 10:23 PM
What happened, Sophia?
Tyler deserved that punch.
He fucking deserved a beating and I would’ve given him one if i wasn’t stopped.
I didn’t mean to scare you and you better fucking not blame yourself for anything.

Me. Saturday, 04:48 PM
I went to the cafe. Liv said you took the weekend off.
I came to your apartment.
I know you were inside when I was ringing the doorbell and banging like an idiot.
One of your neighbors came out to yell at me but I didn’t care.
This isn’t fun, genius.

I called her multiple times for the rest of the day. I tried giving her space too by spending time with mom and dad in the kitchen and watching a movie with Jane thinking it’d decrease the ache.

It didn’t.

Because every time I glanced at my phone and didn’t find a text from Sophia, the ache grew.

I sent her a few more texts today.

Me. Today, 05:02 AM.
Sophia, I haven’t slept in 2 days. Do you know how unrealistic that is for me? I fucking love sleep.
I haven’t talked to you since friday night and I miss you so fucking much.
It fucking hurts.
You need to talk to me.

I don’t regret punching that asshole. If we would’ve been alone, he would be in the hospital right now.

What are you getting from that loner?

My jaw clenches at the memory of his words.

At his first comment, I didn’t say anything. I chose to ignore him. I know better than to answer Tyler’s stupid questions. That asshole craves attention and he’d do anything to be in the spotlight.

It was his last comment that made me drop every one of my senses and throw my fist at him.

I bet she’s a slut behind all that innocence she shows-

He didn’t even finish his sentence and I attacked him.

All my anger from hearing everyone call Sophia a loner and loser for the past years rushed through my veins.

His words kept repeating in my mind and my punches kept getting brutal till Ethan tried pulling me away.

I wanted Tyler dead.

I don’t do violence. I ignore every negative comment and pretend as if I didn’t hear anything.

But at that time, his words were loud and clear and it made my fucking blood boil.

Aside from Tyler’s filthy comment, I had one thing in mind.

I wasn’t going to let anyone talk shit about her. No one will fucking look at her with the wrong intention or I won’t hold back.

By Monday, the whole school will know what happened at Mark’s party. Sophia will be a much bigger target because I reacted that way for her.

My image in school, in front of everyone, will change.

I know that triggered Sophia.

She knows what will happen on Monday and she’s making the mistake of thinking it’ll ruin my reputation.

She blames the upcoming change on herself.

Just like she blames herself for every wrong thing that happened in her life.

I wouldn’t change what I did at Mark’s party. Hell, I’ll beat that little shit if he makes a filthy comment about my girl.

I glance at the clock.

09:10 PM

I hop off the bed, tucking my phone into my pocket and grabbing my car keys from the side table.

Sophia won’t meet me herself so I’ll make her.

I’ll give her a surprise visit just like I did that night when she confessed she had feelings for me and I kissed her.

Marking her as mine.

And surrendering myself to be hers.