𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟎𝟓

【••SOPHIA••】

Sunday is my least favorite day of the week.

It might be shocking for some people- it is- but I have a valid reason why I dislike Sunday.

After my parents got divorced, mine and my brother’s custody was given to my mom because the court thought it would be better, given how my father is always busy with his business.

But of course my father was given all rights to visit his children so he chose one day where me and my brother would meet up at his mansion and we’d have dinner together.

Since then, me and my brother- Alan- meet my father at his mansion and have dinner with him, giving updates about our studies and what we have achieved.

When I told Liv about this, she said our dinner time with father gave Gilmore Girls vibes- where Rory and Lorelai meet up with Rory’s grandparents for their friday night dinner.

I had no idea what she was talking about when she first told me then she made me watch all seasons of the show with her.

I grab my purse from my bed and stand in front of the mirror, checking my outfit. I chose a black dress which goes down and stops right below my knees, the sleeves of my dress stop at my wrist, my hair is straightened and down. I paired the dress with black net leggings which are dark enough to make it look like I’m wearing simple leggings. The only jewelry I’m wearing are rings on my index and middle fingers- of both hands- silver earrings and a bracelet on my right hand. The whole outfit is completed as I put on my black heel boots.

A knock comes on my door, I walk towards my room and open it to find mom waiting. She smiles as she looks at my outfit. Her gaze locks on my face as she gives me a warm smile, “you look beautiful, honey.”

I give her a small smile, “thanks mom.” I kiss her cheeks.

We both walk into the living room, she grabs the car keys from the counter and hands them to me, “drive safe,”

“I will,” I say, “do you want me to pick up something on my way back?”

“No, it would be late by the time you’ll be home. I’ll probably be asleep. Today was tiring.”

Mom works as a secondary teacher at my old school. She started working there after she and father split up. Mom was an only child, her parents died when my brother was 3. After she and my father split up, me and Alan were the only family she had. She didn’t expect her marriage to end in divorce- we didn’t expect her marriage to end in divorce. From the stories I've heard about my parents, they both were hopelessly in love with each other-

Until you.

My eyes sting with tears at the taunting voice inside me. I quickly blink them away.

“I’ll be leaving now, make sure you eat before you head to bed.” I tell mom.

She gives me one of her warm smiles as she says, “don’t worry, honey. Say ‘hi’ to your brother from me.”

“I will,” I say as I open the door of the apartment, “bye mom.”

“Bye, honey.” She waves, I wave back before I shut the door of our apartment.

I take a deep breath as I start walking towards the elevator. I press the button for the elevator to come up and stand still as I wait for the elevator.

After I hear a ding, the door of the elevator opens and I walk in. I press the button to go to lower ground- where the parking lot is- the door of the elevator closes and the elevator starts going down.