𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟒𝟏

【••SOPHIA••】

I don’t have a good feeling about tonight.

Tonight is the gathering my father is arranging for his friends. The gathering for which I agreed to be Jameson’s fake girlfriend. Funny how I’m taking him to that gathering as my real boyfriend.

I have been feeling a weird kind of sensation for the past week. I know it has something to do with tonight. I have a feeling my Father is up to something and we won’t like it.

He won’t do anything to sabotage my relationship, would he? I understand he doesn’t like Jameson but he wouldn’t do anything to hurt him… right?

Do you not know him?

That’s not good

“You’re quiet.” Jameson’s voice brings me out of my thoughts.

“Hm?- it’s nothing.” I say, keeping my gaze on my lap.

He chuckles, “you’re a terrible liar.”

I sigh, leaning my head back on the headrest. I turn my head towards Jameson and quietly let my eyes trail over him.

He’s dressed in a black and white tuxedo as per the dress code of the gathering for men. I almost toppled my way to the car when I saw him waiting by his car. I heard some girls- living in the same building as mine- giggle and say how hot he looked.

My blood boiled at their statement. I glared at them which helped because their giggles faded away and they quickly ran inside the building.

I have a weird kind of possessive side which only comes out when I’m around Jameson. I won’t ever admit this to Jameson of course but I’ll make sure every girl knows he’s mine.

I freeze at the thought.

He’s mine?

Did I just admit that Jameson Gray is mine?

Oh, my God.

“Done ogling?” Jameson asks with a slight smirk on his face.

“Shut up.” I say, turning my head away towards the window to hide my smile.

It snowed yesterday making a beautiful scenery with snow showered over trees and bushes.

I love snow.

“I don’t mind. You can ogle me as much as you want, genius. I’m only yours to ogle.”

I’m only yours to ogle.

The declaration sends a set of butterflies flying in my stomach.

Something lands on my thigh. I look down to find Jameson’s hand placed on my thigh while he rubs his thumb over the clothing. The clothing doesn’t help, his touch sends tingles across my body.

“Are you going to tell me what’s bothering you?” he asks.

I release a heavy sigh, “I feel like… something will go wrong tonight.”

“You mean Doc Ock is planning on doing something?”

I roll my eyes at the nickname he gave my father since Halloween.

“Yes, Spiderman.” I say.

He smiles, “don’t worry. Whatever it is, we’ll get through it.”

I stare at his profile, “how do you know?”

“Because you’re the strongest person I know and I promised myself if this night takes a bad turn, I will do anything to make this night memorable for you.”