𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟓𝟐

【••SOPHIA••】

“I can walk by myself, you know.” I tell Jameson as he carries me into my apartment.

“I know but I can't risk you opening your stitches.”

“Let him.” Eva says from behind, “it's cute.”

I smile.

The doctors finally let me go home after the test came out fine. Jameson didn't leave my side and I even made him sleep with me.

What? I missed his cuddles.

I told mom and Alan what happened at Father's. Mom was devastated and Alan was ashamed that he couldn't figure out Father's motive.

I told them it wasn't anyone's fault. And I finally had the courage to face the truth and tell mom and Alan that I'm not going to force myself in Father's life anymore.

So now, Alan will be the only one attending weekly dinners and events arranged by father, as it was supposed to be.

Father came to see me after I fully woke up. He apologized for forcing a decision on me and not realizing how much work I did to get his validation.

I forgave him. Because no matter how much he ignored me, he's still my father and a part of me will always love him.

I don't know if father will work to get to know me again but I'm not living up to that hope either.

“Where are you going?” I ask Jameson after he places me on the bed.

“To get your water.”

“Alan will do that.” I grab his sleeves, “You, lay with me.”

“My, my, genius. Were you reborn? You've been clingy since you woke up.”

“Well, I always loved when you were clingy,” he raises an eyebrow, “if you tease me about it, I will push you away.”

“No chance.” He plops himself beside me on the bed, I wrap my arms around his waist, “careful. Your stitches.”

I look at him, “I'm fine.”

He releases a breath, relaxing his muscles, “still. How about we do this?”

Jameson unwraps my arms from his waist and places it between us. He wraps his arms around me, gently pulling me closer. I rest my head on his chest.

“Mm better.” I mutter, closing my eyes.

I feel his body relax into mine, he rests his head over mine.

Before I drift to sleep, I hear him mutter “welcome back, genius.”

_______

“You are never and I mean ever driving again.” Liv tells me.

It's the next day. I slept the whole day yesterday in Jameson's arms. Whenever I thought he was going to get out of bed, I snuggled into him making sure he didn't leave.

Maybe this accident undid some of my screws.

He had to leave in the morning to go back to his house. Mom told me Jameson didn't leave my side at all when I was in a coma. The only time he did leave was when Kate forced him to go home and change.

He went back to tell Jane everything. In all of this, Jameson didn't talk to Jane and it worried her.

“Are you listening?” Liv asks, bringing me back from my thoughts, “I'm never allowing you to drive.”

Liv came in the morning with breakfast and demanded that we spoke. After Jameson and I washed up, he left and Liv started her ongoing lecture on why I shouldn't be allowed to drive anymore.

“How else am I going to places?”

“Hello? Me? Jameson?”

“What if you're busy?”

“Uber?”

“I could save that money.”

She sighs, “stop making excuses.”

“And stop worrying. I'm okay and I'll be careful next time.”

“Sure.” she says, not convinced.

I sigh and look down at my phone.

10:23 AM

Jameson hasn’t called or texted since he left. It’s been an hour.

Am I being too clingy? Probably. I don’t know what has gotten into me but I want Jameson by my side. He’s quiet right now but I know he won’t let me live this down.

“Sophiaaa!”

My head snaps up at the familiar voice.

Jane runs in my room, Jameson appears behind her after a while.

“She wanted to see how you’re doing.” Jameson says.

“Oh,” I say and smile at Jane, “hi,”

“Are you okay?” Jane asks softly, her expression worried, “Jameson said you got hurt.”

“I did but I’m okay now.” I gesture Jane to come on the bed and she does.

“Are you sure?”

I nod, “I’m good.”

She leans in to whisper, “you should ask Jameson to bring you chocolates. I do that whenever I'm sick.” she giggles.

I chuckle, “okay, I will.”

“What are you two whispering about?” Jameson asks, squinting his eyes at us.

“Nothing.” Jane says, grinning.

Jane and I continue to talk then Jameson and Liv join the conversation too. Jane tells me about her school and her friends- more specifically a boy named Jake. Liv notices how the topic affects Jameson and continues to ask Jane questions  about him.

“You’re going to help me find out who he is, right?” Jameson whispers to me.

Jane is lost in her conversation with Liv.

I smile and look at Jameson, “no.”

“Come on, genius. I need to find out who he is.”

“He’s Jane’s friend.”

“She’s blushing while talking about him.”

I chuckle, “stop worrying. I promise to ruin him with you if he ever hurts Jane in the future.”

He smiles, “I can work with that.”

He kisses me softly. I smile and kiss back.

We’re quick to cut off the kiss and focus back on the conversation. Jameson succeeds in discussing something else other than Jane’s best friend and we fall into a comfortable conversation.

During the conversation, my mind fills with thoughts of what will happen after graduation since it’s near. A small smile tugs at my lips.

I know what to do.