𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟒𝟕

【••SOPHIA••】

“Ethan gets jealous easily.”

I turn to look at Liv as she places fresh pastries on the display.

“Jealous of who? You don’t know any guys except him, Jameson and Alan. And all of them are in a relationship.”

Liv stands up from her crouching position and turns to me with a hand placed on her hip, “he’s jealous of guys I crush on. Like celebrities or movie characters.”

I blink at her, “what?”

“It’s true. The first time I noticed it was when we were watching Tangled and I said Eugene is cute. His mood changed and he started pointing out his mistakes. Most of them were made up.”

I press my lips together to stop myself from laughing. I clear my throat, “and what do you do about it?”

“I have to remind him everyday that he’s the only love interest in my story.” she grins, “not going to lie, it’s fun seeing him jealous.”

I chuckle, “well, make sure Jameson doesn’t find out or else he’s going to get himself killed.”

Liv laughs, “true.”

Ethan doesn’t look like a person who would get jealous. Especially over fictional characters. Then again, I never imagined him being in love but he’s head over heels for Liv.

Liv is an amazing person to be in love with. Bonus points because she loves cheesy rom-coms and includes romance in everything.

“Oh well, back to work.” Liv claps, smiles and says, “see you tonight.”

I frown. I’m about to ask her what we’re doing tonight but she retreats back to the kitchen.

I turn ahead when a brunette woman stands across the reception. Her hair is down, she’s wearing a white puffer jacket, her cheeks and lips are a little tinted and she’s wearing one of the sweetest and warmest smiles.

I smile back, “hi, what can I get you?”

“Hi, uh- Jack, sweetie, what do you want?” she looks to her right where a boy- who’s around Jane’s age- is staring at the display full of pastries, wearing a cute light blue puffer jacket, his hood covering his head.

Behind him is standing a brown-haired tall man with broad shoulders, compared to the boy and the woman wearing colorful jackets, he’s wearing an all black outfit from black jacket to black shoes.

He’s one of the most handsome men I’ve seen. He has a perfect jawline with sharp cheekbones.

They’re probably the boy’s parents.

They both look so different. While the mother gives off sweet and warm smiles, the father looks on alert, his whole body is on alert except his eyes which are soft, keeping their gaze on the boy.

“Can I get everything?” the boy asks, eyes still glued to the display.

“Yes.” the father says.

“No.” the mother says at the same time.

Their heads turn towards each other. The woman glares- or tries to anyway- while the man just stares at her, his face doesn’t show a hint of anger or disapproval. He almost looks like he’s… admiring her.

The woman sighs and looks at the boy with a warm motherly smile, “you can have any two, sweetie. You don’t want to be sick on the flight tomorrow.”

The boy pouts, “fine. I want chocolate pastries.”

“Okay.” I say.

I pack the pastries since they want to take-away. The woman tries to pay but the man beats her to it. She shakes her head slightly with a hint of smile as she watches the man pick up the boy in his arms.