𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

5 Years Later

【••JAMESON••】

Today is my wedding day.

AKA the day Sophia will officially be mine as my wife.

After highschool, me and Sophia moved in together in an apartment near our campus then after 2 years bought our own house.

I proposed to Sophia on our five year anniversary a few months ago. I decorated the rooftop of our house to make it look like our own home restaurant.

I had never been as nervous as I was when I decided I will propose to her. When the day of our anniversary was a week away, I started overthinking and kept asking Sophia whether or not she was happy with me because I didn’t want her to reject me.

She was really suspicious because I asked her that question everyday. At one point she got annoyed and kissed me to shut me up. I should say that helped both of us because all thoughts left my mind and I took her to our room to own her body like I do every night since we moved in together.

“I don’t have the rings.” I say, checking my pockets. Panic starts to build up, “why don’t I have the rings-”

“Because I have them, idiot.” Ethan hisses from beside me.

I look at Ethan, holding the ring I will place on Sophia’s finger. A sigh of relief leaves me, “thank God.”

“Will you relax?” he puts his hand behind his back again, “Everything is fine.”

“What if everything screws up? What if I mess up my vows? What if Sophia doesn’t like the wedding band I got her? What if she-”

“I swear, one more word and I’m beating you in front of everyone.” he glares at me but soon softens his eyes, “relax. Everything is fine. We went over your vows, Sophia will love them. The wedding band is fine, Sophia will love it. Nothing will screw up your wedding day. You have my word.”

I smile, “are you trying to make me get all sappy on you, Ethan? You know, we’re not the ones getting married.”

He sighs, “God, help me.” I grin.

Even after highschool, Ethan and I are close as ever. He went to the same college as Liv and they also moved in together. We had weekly or at least monthly brunches with them over the years.

Ethan and I made friends in college but none of their friendship compares to what we have. Ethan has been my best friend since we were kids. We grew up as brothers. And every step of the way, Ethan has always reminded me that he has my back no matter what- in his own way- just like I have his.

My head turns towards the entrance when a soft melody starts playing indicating the start of the ceremony.

The door opens and Jane walks down the aisle holding a small bouquet of white tulips. She’s dressed in a beautiful purple dress which matches the dresses of the bridesmaid.

A smile spreads across my lips as I remember her reaction to when Sophia asked her to be one of her bridesmaids. She jumped, hugged and kissed Sophia in front of everyone saying that she loves her.

Not that I’m jealous but over the past five years, Jane and Sophia have gotten more closer and now inseparable if present in the same room. Sophia- without my permission- took my rank as her top favorite and Jane tells her everything. And if my suspiciousness is correct then my sister talks a lot about a certain boy, judging by how much she blushes.

I need to remind her that she’s too young.

Jane grins at me as she reaches the end of the aisle, Liv and Eva follow a few steps after her wearing the same colored dress and same small bouquet.