𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟐𝟐

【••JAMESON••】

I didn't sleep.

I couldn't.

If I was already pissed at Richard during the dinner then I was furious with him after Sophia broke down.

The memory of her breakdown still haunts me. The ache in my chest forms itself at the memory of her sobbing and saying that she's a disappointment.

She blames everything on herself. Every change that happened in her, her mom's and Alan's life.

I didn't want to leave her. I wanted to spend the whole night holding her, whispering in her ear how beautiful and amazing she is and that so many people in her life are lucky to have her.

But at the same time, I knew I had to drop her off so her mom wouldn't be worried. My arms ached for her. I wanted to hold her again.

Today's Monday.

I've been waiting outside the school entrance for Sophia's bus to arrive.

We don't usually wait outside for each other but I can't sit in the classroom without knowing if she's hurt or not.

I let Ethan go inside without me. I didn't tell him anything, I had no right.

I'm leaning against the wall when the bus stops. I lift up from the wall as soon as the students start getting off the bus.

I spot Sophia walking down, holding a notebook. Her hair is in a ponytail today and she has earbuds in.

I stop in front of her making her halt and look up at me.

"Oh, good morning." She says softly.

"Morning. I need to see your hand." I quickly say, grabbing her hand gently and examining her wrist.

No bandages. No cuts.

I look at her to find her with a small smile.

"It didn't happen." Is all I needed to hear to let my body relax.

"Oh, thank God." I drag a hand across my face, releasing a heavy breath, "I was so worried."

After a beat she says, "Sorry."

"For what?"

"For breaking down like that last night."

"Well it helped."

She shyly looks down at her feet as she mumbles, "it wasn't the crying."

"Then?"

"Um," she clears her throat, "I think it was you."

I blink at her.

Did Sophia just admit that I helped her calm down?

Yes.

Holy shit.

She looks up, "I didn't have a nightmare. I had a really good dream though."

"Oh, what'd you dream about?"

The pink spreading across her cheeks is all I need to know what she dreamt about.

My lips form a smirk.

"Did you dream about me, genius?" I ask teasingly

"No. W-why would you think that?" She tries her best not to look at me.

"I think you did."

"Whatever."

Sophia quickly steps away from me and starts rushing towards the entrance. I go after her.