𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝟑

【••SOPHIA••】

A knock comes on my room door as I put on my shoes.

“Coming!” I call out before I grab my purse and walk towards the door, throwing it open.

“Hi, honey-” mom stops mid-sentence as her eyes scan my outfit, “are you going somewhere?” she asks when she locks her eyes with mine.

“Yes.”

I haven’t told mom about Jameson but I should since Jameson is my supposedly boyfriend.

The thought itself hasn’t been settled in yet. The thought gives me goosebumps every time.

“Are you joining Liv?” Mom asks.

“No.” mom frowns a little, “I kind of have a date.”

Mom’s face brightens and a huge smile forms on her lips, “really? Oh my God, honey that’s great!” she clasps her hand together, her smile in place, “who is he?”

“A guy from my class. We share three classes-”

“Jameson?”

I blink at her in surprise, “how do you know him?”

“I once heard you talking about a guy named Jameson to Liv. I was really happy that you made a friend in this school but you never mentioned him.”

Of course my mom thought Jameson was my friend. She probably heard me talking about him after the first week I had in crystal High, it was the week after Jameson had approached me to tell me about the school and how the students are, I appreciated the gesture and said ‘thank you’, I even thought he was nice until he started being annoying two weeks after.

“Yes. That's him.” I say and just then my phone dings in my purse.

I take it out and Jameson’s text flashes on my lockscreen.

Devil
I’m outside.

I quickly type out a reply.

Me
Coming.

“Is he here?” I look up at mom’s voice and find her smiling at me, I nod, her smile widens, “okay, I’ll stop talking, you go have fun.”

I give her a small smile, “thanks mom,”

“No problem, honey. Enjoy your date.”

I kiss her cheeks before I leave the apartment.

After the door of the elevator closes, I take a deep breath.

Everything will be okay. It’s fine.

I look down at my outfit. I didn’t know what to wear, Jameson didn’t tell me where we’re going so I paired my white jeans with my black full sleeves top. For jewelry, I just wore small hoop earrings and rings on my fingers. I let my hair stay down and paired the outfit with my black boots and a purse.

The door of the elevator opens to reveal the ground floor lobby. The lady on the reception desk looks up and smiles as I step out, I give her a small smile before I head towards the glass doors.

The security guard on duty holds the door open as I make my way out. I spot Jameson leaning against a BMW, looking over at the streets.

My steps slow down as my eyes scan over his outfit. He’s wearing a plain white shirt underneath his black blazer, paired with black pants and white shoes. He’s leaning against his car with his arms crossed against his chest and his side profile is faced towards me.

I’ve seen Jameson in casual clothes when he visited the cafe, he usually wore a hoodie with sweats and that was what I was expecting today as well but I was wrong.