𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝟏

【••SOPHIA••】

Liv won’t stop laughing.

“Liv-” my voice gets cut off by Liv’s laughter again. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. I let go and say, “Will you stop?”

Liv starts hiccuping between her laughs while she tries to talk, “you’re Jameson’s girlfriend-” the sound of her laughter increases.

I wince and look around our booth. We’re sitting at a corner booth but still I can see most people giving us side eyes at Liv’s laughter.

Why won’t people mind their own business?

I look back at Liv when the laughter dies to find her covering her mouth while her body vibrates with muffled laughter.

“How long are you going to laugh?” I ask, bored.

She removes her hands from her mouth, her mouth forms a thin line before she takes a deep breath, “okay. Okay, I’m done now.”

“Thank you,” I say and pick up my lemonade to take a sip.

“So, are you two dating now?”

I frown, “no.”

“Aw, that’s sad.” Liv says with a pout, “That’s a waste of such a nice face.”

“Be my guest and date him if you’d like.”

Liv chuckles, “no, thanks. Jameson’s cute but not my type.”

“Right. Smart, handsome, charming isn’t your type at all.”

“Nope but that seems to be your type.”

I raise an eyebrow, she laughs, “it would be so fun though.” she says.

“No, it wouldn’t. It’d be a pain.” I say.

“Sure,” Liv drawls, I roll my eyes which makes Liv laugh, “but seriously will you take him up on his deal?”

“No. I am not going to pretend to be his girlfriend for the rest of the semester.” I say, “besides, I suck at these things. Speaking from experience.”

“You can’t call Peter an experience.” Liv’s voice softened, “it was forced.”

“But it showed something. I’m not cut out for relationships. I keep my head buried in books, I can’t give anything or anyone else attention.”

“You can and you will.” Liv says it with such determination, sometimes I believe her but then father’s cold and disappointment filled eyes flashes in my mind.

“You just have to find someone you really like and then it’ll happen.” Liv continues.

“I know this, that someone isn’t going to be Jameson Gray.” I say.

“Who knows,” Liv says with a smirk.

Oh God, please no.

                           ____________

“Your total will be 20.34,” I say to the brunette lady standing across from me. She smiles and hands me a couple dollars, I open the register and take out her change, handing it to her “your change."

“Thank you,” she says softly before stepping away from the counter.

“Enjoy,,” I say before I look down at the register and close it.

A customer clears their throat, “hi, what can I-” I look up and stop myself when I see the devil standing across from me wearing a grin.

My face turns blank.