𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝟖

【••JAMESON••】

I went to sleep with Sophia by my side, the warmth of her gaze on my face.

I woke up with her gone. The side of my bed was empty- where she had sat- but the scent of her clinged to my bedsheets now.

Why did I ask her to stay? I've never wanted anyone beside me when I'm sick. I like being alone when I'm sick but with Sophia.. something changed.

When I saw her at my doorstep holding a bag of soup and medicines for me, my heart squeezed. Never had I ever expected Sophia Clark to care so much to bring me food and medicines.

She was worried about me and I liked it. I liked it that she cared about me, I liked that she made sure I ate, took my medicine and rested. None of my previous girlfriends have ever taken care of me like that-

She's not your girlfriend.

The truth stings. But I can't push it aside. It was true, Sophia and I were fake lovers. I wasn't attracted to her in that way, nor was she.

With a long sigh, I got out of bed and made my way downstairs.

When had Sophia left? I drifted off quickly after I closed my eyes, sleep attacked me like a bullet and I didn't feel or sense her leave.

I find Jane doing her homework, sitting on the carpet, her books placed on the center table which is placed between the TV and couch.

She turns her head when I plop on the couch, "you're awake."

"Yeah," I rub my eyes, "where are mom and dad?"

"Dad went upstairs and mom's in the kitchen."

Just then Mom walks out of the kitchen, "hi, honey." She smiles at me.

I give her a smile in return, "hi, mom."

"How are you feeling?" She stands beside the tv.

"Good."

Mom nods then looks at Jane. I frown and look at my sister to see her covering her mouth to hide a giggle, I look at mom again, "what?"

"You had a pretty girl in your room." Jane answers for mom.

Pretty girl?-

Sophia.

My eyes widen at Jane, she giggles.

Sophia must've left when she heard them come home.

"When were you going to tell us about her?" I look at mom, her eyebrow raised, arms crossed against her chest.

She won't leave me alone until I answer her.

I open my mouth to talk but only gibberish comes out which makes Jane laugh and my mom frown.

"What's going on?" I turn my head to find dad standing beside the couch. He looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

I open my mouth to try to speak again but Jane speaks for me.

"James has a girlfriend."

I squeeze my eyes shut and groan into my hands.

"You have a girlfriend and we don't know?" Dad asks, surprised.

This is not how I wanted my parents to find out about Sophia.

"We want answers, Jameson Samuel Gray."

Shit, mom used my full name.

I sigh and look up at mom.

"Her name is Sophia. She and I are in the same class. We started dating a week ago." I explain.