𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟒𝟖

【••SOPHIA••】

“I agree with Jameson.” Liv says through the speaker phone.

I’m driving to father’s house. Liv called a few seconds ago and asked if we could meet up. I told her I'm having lunch with my father, she was shocked then I explained her the phone call last night and what Jameson said.

To which she said she agrees with Jameson.

“What?”

“Sof, I love you and I know you’ve been trying to bond with your father but this doesn’t feel right.”

“Why not?”

“He calls and asks you to meet up? He didn’t try for years and now suddenly he changed his mind?”

I admit it it’s a bit suspicious but a part of me wants to think that he did change and he does want to fix our relationship. That part is the little girl who grew up wishing her father became a dad for once.

I shake my head slightly and settle my eyes on the road.

Not the time to be emotional.

“What if he did change?” my voice is small.

Liv sighs, “just be careful. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I’ll be okay.”

She sighs, “Okay.”

“I’ll call you later.”

“Okay, drive safe.”

We say goodbye and hang up just when I enter through the metal gate. I park my car, grab my purse and walk out of the car.

I walk towards the door and ring the doorbell.

Ivan opens the door and when he sees me, he freezes for a second before he says, “Ms Sophia, you’re here.”

“Yes. uh, father invited me.”

“yes but I thought-”

“Ivan.”

Ivan stops mid sentence at father’s voice. He stands beside him with a blank expression.

Ivan and Father have some kind of a silent argument before Ivan huffs and walks away. Father looks at me and a smile grazes his lips.

The smile takes me by surprise.

Did he just smile at me?

I’m about to turn around and make sure he didn’t smile at anyone else when he says, “come in, Sophia. It’s cold outside.”

“Oh, okay.”

I walk in and father shuts the door. I take off my coat and father takes it from me to hang it.

“How is your day going so far?” he asks.

“Um, g-good.”

He smiles again, “that’s good to hear.” I blink at him, “let’s head to the dining table.”

“Okay.”

He walks ahead as I follow him. After we take our seat and lunch gets served, he asks me about school and my studies.

He acts as if he has finally realized I’m his daughter.

The only topic he doesn’t touch is my relationship with Jameson. And even though I want to talk about it and let him know that Jameson is perfect for me, I don’t want to change the environment.

“Um, father?”

“Yes?”

“You still haven’t told me the real reason you invited me,” I say with a heart full of hope.