Onii-chan heading to the royal palace

childhood
004. Onii-chan heading to the royal palace

 Well, three days have passed since the night I received advice from my sister after finishing the magic release ceremony.

 In the meantime, I tried to find out about the existence of a saint as much as I could for the time being.

 Then, I came to know various facts that I didn't know about the young Selene.

 First of all, a saint is an existence that appears once every few decades on this continent of Calafina.

 It doesn't appear in the lineage, it seems that it suddenly appears without nobles or commoners.

 Rather, the absolute number of aristocrats is small. Furthermore, it seems that it is extremely rare for a person like me, who is a daughter of a duke house, to express it.

 The saint possesses a special "white magic", and is said to be able to use healing magic that other humans cannot possess.

 However, even though I released my magic power, I still don't know how to use magic itself, and I haven't been able to prove its effectiveness.

 And the most important thing is that if you become a saint, you have to stay pure throughout your life.

 A human who is recognized as a saint is destined to become the queen of the White Country, the Holy Kingdom of Albion.

 Said to be a holy maiden who has the power to heal, she always prays and brings divine protection not only to the white country, but also to the crimson and blue lands of this continent.

 It is said that with the power of the saint, the demons that infest the world are driven away.

"I see. Come to think of it, even when we're eating, we pray towards Albion."

 It's like "Itadakimasu" in Japan.

 It's an act that I've been doing naturally since I was young, but was that a way of expressing my gratitude towards the Holy Maiden-sama who gave me divine protection?

 However, to be like that, to be appreciated by people all over the continent, it's honestly just a burden for someone like me, who is not good at standing out.

 If it was a cheerful little sister, it would be something she would happily do.

"But I don't want to go down the route of destruction... Well, if you raise your status, you'll be able to crush it no matter what route you take."

 Self-improvement should not be a negative at least.

 In some ways, it's a good thing the game wasn't just a simple flag game.

 The easy-to-understand goal of increasing your status is very familiar to me, who has only played MMORPGs so far.

"But the problem is that status."

 Yua mentioned two statuses.

 One is "magical power" and the other is "charisma".

 And he said that there are 6 items in total for the status.

 In other words, the remaining four statuses are unclear.

"It's not like STR or DEX. It's an otome game."

 If you ask Yua gently, she will answer right away, but the next time we'll be able to talk will probably be half a year later.

 Until then, I have no choice but to extend the known status.

“I don’t know much about charisma.

"Oh my dear Selene!!"

"Wow!!"

 Suddenly, I thought I was hugged from behind, and it was my father.

 Duke Hilt Funnel, my father, who leans his cheek against my cheek without hesitation in front of the eyes of the maids.

 It doesn't seem like it at all, but this person is the top aristocrat of Wistaria, the blue country, and he's a powerful person who can even directly advise the king.

 In addition, although I have a daughter, I do not have a son, and my wife is also widowed.

 I haven't made my debut in society yet, so I haven't seen it myself, but according to the maids, I'm always surrounded by a lot of young women in such places.

 Even so, the reason she stubbornly refuses to remarry is because she still truly loves her deceased mother, and most importantly, she dotes on a daughter called me.

 Even if I say so myself, my appearance is certainly cute.

 Peony-colored hair inherited from her mother, and skin as white as white porcelain.

 The eyes are a little cool for his age, but if you look at it objectively, it will give you the impression of being smart.

 If the me in my previous life had met the current me, I'm sure he would have felt like  looking in a doll.

 On top of that, year after year, I became more and more look like the wife my father loved.

 Well, because of that, before her memories returned, the girl named Selene was, to be honest, quite selfish, she didn't think about others at all, and she was the owner of a self-first heart.

"Hmm, what's wrong? You always kiss me..."

 My father looks at me with sad eyes.

 No, until the other day, I was naturally doing such European-like things, but now that I have regained my memories of growing up in Japan, I am remarkably reluctant to kiss my father and get physical contact...

"Well, I've finished the magic release ceremony. Can't you treat me like a child anymore?"

 My father who agreed without permission. But he is frankly disappointed.

 Oh no.

"Chu"

"Ah……"

 I gave him a light bird kiss on his left cheek, thinking that it would be just a cheek, and my father smiled as if he was about to ascend.

 No, I worry too much about my child.

"Selene! You're too cute. my daughter!!"

"Ah, yes yes..."

 As expected, it would be foolish to repair it.

 Well, I feel like I had this kind of relationship with my father from the beginning, so it shouldn't be a problem.

 Then, suddenly, my father's face became serious.

“Selene, we will leave in 30 minutes.

"Eh, you're leaving... where?"

"Oh, dear Selene. Didn't you hear it from the maid?"

 My father said with a smile on his face, whether that part was cute.

"I'm going to the royal palace of the Crimson Kingdom. To see His Highness the Prince."