Fin Funnel

childhood
013.Fin Funnel
 It was an imperial edict.

 On my 12th birthday, less than a week after completing the magic release ceremony, Duke Funnel invited me to Viscount Meyer's house to ask if I would be adopted.

 To be honest, I was surprised.

 A son of a nobleman, much less a fourth son like me, who is unlikely to succeed the family, is often given up for adoption by another family.

 I also vaguely thought that one day I would be adopted by another family, or that after I grew up I would abandon my family name and live as a commoner.

 That's why I didn't have any resistance to being adopted, but the other person was a little surprising.

 Speaking of the Duke Funnel family, even in this blue country Wistaria, it is one of the families that has considerable power, especially the current head of the family, Duke Hilt Funnel, who is also a talented person who is wielding his shrewdness on the political front of our country. I hear.

 I never thought I would receive an invitation to adopt a child from one of the leading aristocratic families in the country.

 Apparently, my father had been working hard for a long time.

 Of course, my family, a poor viscount family, didn't have the right to veto... No, rather, my parents, who received a large amount of financial assistance in the name of preparation money, looked overjoyed.

 Even for me, I didn't feel particularly bad if I was picked up by the Duke's family.

 The only thing I was worried about was my sickly younger sister, who was going to be left at home, but I couldn't do anything about it.

 Then came the duke house.

 I was surprised by the size of the garden and mansion, which was clearly different from my parents' house, and the number of extravagant furnishings, but what surprised me the most was the appearance of the daughter of a duke who was as cute as an angel.

 Selene Funnel. She's 12 years old, the same as me, so she's basically my older sister.

 She had beautiful long peony hair and was the prettiest girl I had ever met.

 No, it's not just about looks.

 She was like a goddess inside and out.

 I was under the impression that she would be a very selfish person if she became the daughter of a duke, but she accepted me as if she were a real younger brother.

 Whenever I met her eyes, she always smiled kindly, and it was the only solace for me who seemed to be worn out by an unfamiliar life.

 With that smile on my face, I was able to keep up with the tasks given to me by the Duke-sama, even though my mind and body were worn out.

 However, that hard work turned out to be an enemy.

 I slept very little that day.

 I couldn't finish the previous day's assignment on the same day, so I had to stay up all night.

 Due to the fatigue I had accumulated up to that point, I felt drowsy even though I was eating.

 Oh no, I thought.

 In front of the Duke, you made an unthinkable blunder.

 But things took a turn for the worse.

 Surprisingly, I was able to get a day off the next day.