Agnès Scher

childhood
017. Agnès Scher
"Agnès. There is something I can only ask of you."

 As usual, when I was sweating in the training grounds of the royal palace, the one who threw such words at me was the prince of this country, Leonhard Carnell.

 A little over a month ago, after it was discovered that he had no magical powers despite being a member of the royal family, the prince was depressed for a while, but recently, he's been making frequent appearances at the training grounds. It is designed to be shown.

 No, rather, it can be said that the training is more enthusiastic than before.

 I have always watched him take the lead in swordsmanship training, as well as basic muscle strength training that even knights are reluctant to do.

 It goes without saying how stoic this prince is because he is training so much while studying as a royal family in parallel.

 I've always been ambitious, but now the color of my eyes is even different.

 He's a prince who can't use magic, but I can assure him.

 I'm sure this person will become a great man in the future.

"What is it? Leonhard-sama."

"I want to ask you to be an escort."

“Is it an escort?”

"Oh, let's change places. I tell you more there."

 And so, what the prince told me was a request to protect his fiancée.

 If it's just a fiancée, it's not unheard of, but I got the impression that it's a pretty overprotective measure.

 However, as I listened to the story, I came to understand how special that fiancé was.

 Yes, the prince's fiancée, Miss Selene Funnel, was a candidate for a saint.

 A saint is someone who will eventually rule over the white country of Albion, so it makes sense that such a saint candidate would have an escort.

 It is also true that I am qualified.

 The most skillful female knight in the knight order is me.

 If you are a woman, you can always be close to Lady Selene as an attendant.

 That's why I can understand why they singled me out.

 Although…….

"Are you saying that I should quit my knighthood?"

 There is no particular problem if it is a royal escort.

 However, I will be working for a marquis in another country.

 A knight's status is not necessarily guaranteed.

“No, I will remain a knight of the Crimson Country, but I will become a servant of the Duke of the Blue Country. The Duke has said that the Duke's family will also pay him a salary as a maid.

"It's not about the money, but..."

 Well, in fact, it's not like the knights are so wealthy.

 I'm grateful to be able to increase the remittance to my parents' house.

"It would be helpful if you could accept it. It is something that only you can do."

 The prince bowed his head.

 There is no one who doesn't touch his neck vertically after being treated like this by the royal family.