Onii-chan makes his social debut

"This is our eldest daughter and son, Selene and Finn."

"Well, what a beautiful young lady!"

“The heir, the young boy, seems to be intelligent too…”

 On the day of our pre-society debut, my father took me and Finn to a Western-style mansion in a port town, where we were immediately introduced to other aristocrats.

 As expected, since it is a prestigious family, even if we don't move, other nobles will come later with their children.

 Then, once we've finished introducing each other's children, it's time to move on to the next thing...but, well, it can't be helped that it's boring.

 Finn's father seems to have given him the task of memorizing the faces and names of each nobleman, and his eyes are wide open with a desperate look on his face, as if his head is about to explode. As for me, I was just letting the time pass by in a daze.

 It seems like they're preparing something special today, so I want to finish it quickly and enjoy it.

 That's what I was thinking at the time.

"Duke Funnel, this time..."

"Viscount Mayer"

 I was taken aback by the name my father called me.

 When I looked up, there was a man in his prime with a somewhat cunning look on his face.

 Meyer...I'm sure this is the person.

 I look at Finn standing next to me.

 He looked at the other person without changing his expression at all.

"fin"

"Viscount Mayer. It's been a long time."

 yes. This man is Finn's real father.

 Finn was originally the fourth son of Viscount Meyer.

 Considering when he came to the Funnel family, it would probably be a reunion for the first time in about half a year.

"It looks like you've grown into a great person, Finn."

“I learned a lot from my father.”

 Although they were originally father and son, the two seemed aloof.

 Well, Finn is now in a higher position in the family, so even though he's a foster parent, it's hard for him to show his friendliness in public like this. .

 Well, to begin with, maybe Finn and this father aren't really on good terms.

 From a moment ago, the viscount's gaze seemed to be glancing at his father rather than Finn.

 The one who was clearly more aware of this than Finn was Duke Hilt.

 For the most part, Finn is probably gloating that his father has improved his memory, seeing how well he's growing up.

"Selene-sama. Congratulations on your debut in society."

"Ah, yes, thank you."

 While I was thinking about this, the father called out to me, so I answered it as a matter of convenience.

 I can't say that it's a good idea to make impressions based on the face, but...I don't like the look in his eyes.

 That's what I was thinking at that time.

“Onii-san!!”

 A petite girl wearing a pink dress passed between me and Viscount Mayer and hugged Finn.

 I couldn't help but notice it.

“Hey, here, Mia!! Isn’t that rude to Selene-sama!!”

"Onii-san!! Onii-san!!"

 However, haven't you heard the Viscount's voice?

 The petite girl was desperately clinging to Finn.

 Finn looked at the girl and whispered, "Mia."

"Finn, maybe..."

"Y-yes. My...sister."

 Finn was hugged with all his strength and scratched his head in embarrassment.

“Oh, I’m really sorry!!”

 Viscount Meyer apologizes with all his might to me... or rather, to my father.

 Well, since he just crossed my path, I don't need him to apologize, but it seems like this person wants to avoid having even the slightest bad memory of the duke's family.

"I don't mind."

"Thank you for your generous heart."

 That's an exaggeration.

"Finn, there will be some things to talk about. I'll give you some time."

"Are you okay? Father...?"

"From now on, adults and children will have their own time."

 In this pre-social world, the adults who come as chaperones chat with each other, and the children deepen their friendships with each other.

 They were able to do the basic greetings, and the rest of the time the children were free to interact with each other.

"I'm completely embarrassed..."

 Viscount Mayer, who seemed to think that I couldn't hear him, muttered to himself and glared at Finn's younger sister, Mia, to scold her.

"Viscount. I am very grateful to have received such an excellent adopted child. Would you like to talk to me for a moment?"

“Fah, Duke Funnel. Come on!”

 When my father told me that, I followed him like a dog.

 Finally, my father gives me a murderous wink.

 Well, even though he's my father, he's a capable man.

"Okay, then..."

 I looked at Mia, who was still clinging to Finn's arm and had a happy look on her face, and I nodded with Finn.

 This is a great opportunity, and I would like to get to know Mia-chan.

 After all, I'm in the position where I took away my beloved brother, and I want to properly apologize for that as well.

 Besides, I don't know if she'll accept, but I might get a chance to try out my magic.

 That's why I found a space that seemed like a good place to talk and was about to move there.