Onii-chan decides not to cancel the engagement

childhood
006. Onii-chan decides not to cancel the engagement
“Why do you think that Leonhard-sama cannot become like the Lion King just because he has no magical power?”

 I tried my best to say it without hesitation.

 Hearing those words, the prince was dumbfounded for a moment, and then, a moment later, he glared at me again.

"Of course not!! In the history so far, there is no such thing as a strong person who does not have magical powers!!"

"In that case, Leonhard-sama should be the first person. A great king who has made martial arts known to the world without possessing magical power."

"what……?"

"What Leonhardt-sama is looking for is a 'strength' like the Lion King, isn't he?"

"Oh, oh..."

"In that case, I don't think that the power of magic is necessarily needed there."

 When I calmly said that, the Crimson Prince again said with those eyes, "What are you talking about, this guy?"

“Magic power is not the only strength.

 To be frank, in an RPG, a muscle-brained character who can't use magic is surprisingly strong.

 Even in ArkVault Online, where I was playing, it was clearly a bad move to get a lot of skills.

 In terms of acquiring skill trees, multi-skills are nothing but poor dexterity, and although they can be active in their own way in the low-level range, as the level rises, they will be branded as useless.

 Being able to use both swords and magic means, in other words, that both swords and magic are half-baked.

 If you're a warrior, you're a warrior, and if you're a wizard, you're a wizard. It's my experience in games that one can become much stronger by mastering one thing, but I think it's a truth that corresponds to reality.

“I should rather think of my inability to use magic as a strength.

"Even if someone as blessed as you says..."

"Am I blessed?"

"Of course. Even though you're a duke's daughter, you've gained the magical power of a saint. You're a special person."

 Ah, well, if you look at it from someone else's point of view, it might be true.

 We are forced to play a game where we have to avoid both love and ruin...

“Your also blessed.

"Where is it? I don't have magical powers..."

“As a member of the royal family, on top of living a comfortable life, both parents are in good health. The right to succeed to the throne is solid, and it is certain that he will become the next king.”

"Ah……"

 The moment he said that, Leonhardt's face distorted slightly.

 It was probably the parents who got caught.

 he have a mother and I have no mother. He was ashamed of his remarks precisely because he knew the fact.

 Despite the fact that there was a shock and the field of vision was narrowed, he was still considerate of me.

 I don't feel romantic feelings, but I think he's a kind child, so much that I can't believe he's a member of the royal family.

 As if to shake off his guilt, I smiled and brought my face closer to him.

"So let's do muscle training!! Prince!"

"Muscle training...? What is that?"

 Warriors in this world seem to have no concept of muscle training in the first place because they can easily strengthen their physical abilities with magic power.

“It’s an abbreviation for strength training. Put a load on your body and grow your muscles! Let's!"

"Oh, oh..."

 Show off the knowledge you gained in your previous life with a smug face.

 You're still a little skeptical, but I want you to rest assured, my prince.

 The main character of my favorite manga has become the strongest through this training, so it should be effective.

"If you pursue one thing with all your might, you will definitely find a way. I think it's still too early to give up on your ideals."

 After all, the prince is young. He's no, I'd say he's young.

 From now on, depending on how you train, you can become as strong as you want.

 If it's him, even if he can't use magic, there must be a possibility that he can reach the strength he desires.

 When I told him that while smiling as positively as possible, the prince narrowed his eyes as if he was looking at something dazzling.

"Selene, you are..."

 It was then.

"Leonhardt, Lady Selene"

 It was His Majesty the King who came here with his father and the maids.

 If it's a young prince, I can handle it normally, even though I'm a member of the royal family, but as expected, I'm more nervous when it's the top of the country.

 When I bowed with a slightly more jerky gesture than usual, the king showed a faint smile on his dignified face with Kaiser beard.

“Lady Selene.

“Thank you very much for your kind words!!”

"However, I can't tie up a person who could become a saint as my son's fiancée. It's selfish, but about this engagement――"

“Father, please wait!!”

 The one who haughtily interrupted the king's words was his son, Prince Leonhardt.

"I would like to say something, father. Selene is still a saint 'candidate'. Isn't it a bit premature to cancel the engagement?"

"law……"

 For some reason, the king narrowed his eyes with joy at his son's unexpected words.

"In other words, you don't want to break off your engagement with Selene?"

"I-I'm just saying that it's premature."

"Hmm, well, you've only just turned twelve. At the time of your engagement in the first place, it was a bit premature."

“Well then, Father.”

"Ah, if the two of us are fine with that, I don't mind at all."

 Eh, hey, His Majesty the King...! ?

 Hmm, this is getting kind of weird.

 After all, as an otome game, is engagement with a prince the default route?

 Well, if I become a saint, I can avoid marrying a bastard, so I won't be displeased with the royal family by refusing here...

 And depending on how you think about it, this could be an opportunity.

 If my engagement with the prince continues, other nobles won't bring marriage proposals to me, who can't publicly announce that I'm a saint candidate yet.

 When I slowly nodded, for some reason, Leonhard nodded back strongly, as if his depressive state just now was a lie.

“Selene.

 Prince Leonhard muttering something while clenching his fists.

 For the time being, he seems to have regained his strength, so let's call the matter closed.