Onii-chan, protect your little brother

childhood
012.Onii-chan, protect your little brother
 Finn and I turned to face the door at the sound of anger that made our eardrums shake.

 Standing there with the maid in tow was my father.

 Apparently, the work was finished earlier than expected, and it seems that he has just returned home.

"Oh, father, this is..."

"Keep quiet, Selene."

 A father who turns a sharp gaze to Finn.

 obviously angry.

 From the knowledge of my previous life, if I were tolerant about such hobbies, I wouldn't know, and if I saw my successor happily wearing my sister-in-law's clothes, it would be natural for me to get angry.

 Finn's face had already turned pale from the harsh reprimand that was about to take place.

 I am also responsible for creating this situation. I have to do something here.

"Oh, father, I understand what you want to say!! But please listen a little!"

 My father usually breaks up with my words, but today, he can't even hear my voice.

 When I approached Stasta and Finn, I silently waved my right hand.

 I want to hit my cheek.

"No, Father!!"

 I reflexively slipped myself between my father and Finn.

 bang! !

 A sharp sound echoed in my ears.

 At the same time, a sharp pain hits his left cheek.

 A merciless slap of a grown man.

 A blow so strong that it seemed as if a small body would be blown away.

 Even though I've never been beaten by my father in my previous life...

 Tears come to my eyes naturally.

 However, when I firmly stepped on the ground, I glared at my father, Duke Hilt.

"Se, Selene......!?"

 After hitting his beloved daughter on the cheek, my father was stunned and stopped moving.

 I bowed my head to my father like that. Then kneel down.

"Please forgive Finn! I made Finn wear my dress!!"

"Selene..."

 When my father touches my red and swollen cheek, he makes an indescribable expression.

"C-No. C-Father-in-law!!"

 But this time Finn raised his voice.

"I, I was the one who asked Selene to let me wear the dress."

"Fi, Fin!?"

 Oh no. What an honest child

 That kind of place is cute, but right now, the situation is bad.

 Hearing Finn's words, my father's expression changed to that of anger again.

 So I screamed desperately.

"Father!! Certainly Finn wanted that... But I gave him permission!!"

"Selene, that's not the problem. The duke's heir is happy to wear a woman's dress. It is not possible."

"But that's Finn's true personality!!"

 I scream desperately

"Like" its something you can't control!

 yes. Even in my previous life, my hobbies were often not understood.

 My parents kept telling me that games were silly, and I've experienced being criticized for otaku content.

 But I never dislike it because someone denied it or suppressed it.

 I like what I like, so I can't help it.

"So, forgive Finn?"

"Father must have been helpless to feel that he fell in love with mother!!"

 At those words, my father made an expression as if he was taken aback.

 My mother was originally a commoner.

 She was the daughter of a small merchant family, and originally, she was a person of an impossible status to be tied to the successor of a ducal family.

 However, my father, who fell in love with my mother, used his skills to the fullest, turning my mother's house into a large merchant house, and finally got married.

"Like people and tastes and hobbies are different..."

"The essence is the same.

 In fact, the end of a human being who continues to suppress what he likes is a sad thing.

 In my previous life, I stabbed a relative after the game was taken away. I have seen such incidents.

 Emotions that have been repressed will eventually explode.

"in addition!!"

 I picked up the doll that was lying on the pillow of the bed.

"This is... how cute!?"

"This was also made by Finn."

 The moment my father saw the doll that imitated my figure, his eyes lit up for a moment.

"Finn may have girlish hobbies, but that's why he can make such wonderful dolls. Father."

 Only this time, when I told him with a serious expression that I wanted to compete with courage instead of charm, my father narrowed his eyes for a moment and then returned to his usual gentle look.

"Fin. Can you make another one of these?"

"Eh!? Ah, yes, as long as you have scraps fabric and thread..."

"Really"

 My father stood up slowly and turned his back to Finn.

"From now on, we will have a rest day once a week.

"Th-Duke...!?"

"However, for the remaining six days, do your best. I chose you to be the heir. You must live up to that expectation."

"Yes!!

 Finn kneeling in a dress.

 My father is not a bad person, just a strict one.

 The two of them have a slightly open atmosphere.

 Seeing him like that makes me think that this conflict was necessary.

 It was worth offering my left cheek.

 From now on, I'm sure Finn will be my younger brother, and as the heir to the Funnel family, we'll be able to have an even deeper relationship.