Leonhard Kernel

childhood
007. Leonhard Kernel
  I can say that it was smooth sailing.

 My life, until the time I finished the magic release ceremony, was exactly the path of a king without a single cloud.

 He has a fierce appearance reminiscent of the first generation Lion King Leonhardt, and a talent for swordsmanship that is recognized by the Knight Commander.

 As for the succession to the throne, there is no one who can be called a rival.

 That's why I can say that it was my first setback.

 And it was too big of a setback.

 I have no magical powers.

 As a member of the royal family, this is almost impossible.

 For a moment it occurred to me that I might not be the real child of my father and mother, but I quickly dismissed that thought.

 My appearance is firmly inherited from my father and mother.

 On top of that, even as a member of the royal family, my father has a rather unsophisticated personality.

 I've never heard of him having a concubine.

 There is no doubt that I am the real son of my father and mother.

 But that's why I lamented even more that I didn't have magical power.

 Because I, who inherited all talents from the great former king and beautiful mother, didn't inherit the most important talent of magic.

 About three days after the ceremony ended, I shut myself up in my room.

 At that time, my fiancée, Selene Funnel, came.

 She is the daughter of a duke in Ao no Kuni, and just got engaged about a year ago.

 He was clearly spoiled and selfish, and he always followed me around regardless of my convenience, and I was told endless stories of trivial boasts.

 To be honest, I thought an annoying girl had arrived.

 In the first place, I didn't particularly like this woman.

 It's the same with getting engaged. It was simply accepted according to the customs of the country.

 Because that was the straight way of life as someone who would inherit the throne in my opinion.

 However, when I met her for the first time in a long time, her appearance had completely changed.

 Clearly, she had a more mature atmosphere than before, and she naturally showed an attitude of consideration for me.

 In the past, she was the kind of girl who would just hug me in my arms without worrying about how she was doing.

 I was taken aback at first.

 However, I immediately remembered that she had become a saint candidate.

 She got the right to become the most precious being in the world, a saint.

 That's why I thought it was something that came from that peace of mind.

 It's a mental leeway peculiar to those who have it.

 But no.

 She showed me the way when I was talking about my misfortune like a spoiled child.

『In that case, Leonhard-sama should be the first person. To become a great king who made martial arts known to the world without possessing magical power.』

 For me, who had nothing but to follow the right path, her words were like a bolt from the blue sky.

 A road different from the royal road.

 And yet, the sound of it tickled my heart.

 Become the strongest king without using magic power.

 It is not difficult to imagine how steep the road will be.

 However, when I saw Selene who said nothing, strangely, I felt like I could do it.

 As if to encourage me, that smiling face has remained in my head forever.

 Thinking back on it, I felt something warm spread in my chest.

"Selene. I will become the great king you showed me."

 After finishing 100 push-ups at the training grounds of the royal palace and shaking off the dripping sweat, I swear while squinting my eyes at the setting sun.

 And if I could become your ideal king, then...