Onii-chan, long-awaited younger brother

childhood
008. Oni-chan, long-awaited younger brother
 Well, the engagement with the prince was decided to continue for the time being.

 Leonhardt told me that whether or not to cancel the engagement would be fine after it became clearer whether I could actually become a saint.

 In that case, I suggested that I should keep and get engaged to someone else first, but the prince was stubborn for some reason.

 Well, if the prince says it's good, I don't think he's forced to make a new fiancée. It seems that it was resolved inside, so let's say it was good.

 However, even though the engagement matter was resolved, there was still a problem in our family.

 It's a succession issue.

 Whether I become a saint or marry a prince, I will eventually leave the Funnel family.

 My father has no intention of remarrying.

 In that case, what to do with the heir has been a source of my worries since last year.

 And as a solution, my father chose the option of adopting a child, but...

 A boy was standing in front of me.

 His name is Finn.

 He was the fourth son of the viscount family, and this time he was a boy who was given up for adoption as the heir to the Funnel family.

 12 years old, same as me.

 At the magic release ceremony, it was discovered that he had an outstanding talent for magic, and that was the decisive blow, and he was adopted into our family.

 Still, he looks like an angel.

 is it really a boy?

 A small face framed by long golden curly hair.

 Puffy cheeks and big eyes.

 They said we were the same age, but he was shorter than me.

 With this, if I wore a dress, I would definitely be mistaken for a girl.

“Nice to meet you, Finn.”

 For the time being, since I am in the position of an older sister, I answer by throwing the name away.

 The reason why I abandoned the name from the beginning is because I want you to quickly become familiar with this house in your own way.

 Honestly, for me, he was a long-awaited younger brother.

 No, I've wanted one for a long time.

 In my previous life, I had a twin sister, but what I actually wanted was a younger brother.

 Playing the same games together, playing catch on the river bank, and helping them study.

 For me, who only had a younger sister, that was one of my little dreams.

 That's why I was honestly happy to have a younger brother like this.

 When I welcomed him with a big smile and let him in, Finn averted his eyes a little flustered.

 Hmm, apparently, he seems to be quite a shy child.

 Well, we'll be together from now on, so it's okay if we get along little by little.

 I thought so.

"Fin. What is that attitude? Selene is going to be your older sister from now on. Say hello properly."

"Ha, yes...!"

 Finn, who was scolded by his father, trembled and bowed to me, even though he was timid.

"Nice to meet you. Lady Selene Funnel..."

"Yes, you said it well."

 When I stroked his head saying that he was great, Finn looked at me with a slightly puzzled expression.

 Ah, I ended up being treated like a child. Even though she is a child now.

“From now on, let’s get along, Finn.”

 As if to make up for it, when I said that, Fin tried to make a smile, even though he was still a little wary.

 Yeah, he's a good boy And cute.

 Like this, I was able to have a younger brother, but contrary to my expectations, the amount of time I could spend with him was short.

 To be more specific, we can only be together at meal times.

 The rest of the time they are separated from each other.

 As for me, I am receiving a lady's education by a private tutor in preparation for my social debut in about half a year.

 Focusing on etiquette, she learns various things such as basic education, social skills, and dance.

 Nonetheless, it's not a very tight schedule, and all of them are only about 2-3 hours each day.

 The rest of the time is spent in a graceful way, such as reviewing on one's own or having tea time.

 Recently, she has also added magic training as a saint, but this is making slow progress.

 Because, in general magic books, the white magic used by the saints is not described in detail.

 Based on the limited information, I'm trying to use healing power on flowers and plants, but to be honest, I haven't achieved any results yet.

 Hmm, am I really a saint?

 Actually, it's the same as Leonhardt, like he doesn't have magical powers...

 No, I can't help but think about it.

 It seems that Lucard-sama will come to check on me next month, so even then, I'll ask him about his magic training in detail.

 In this way, I have many things to do in my own way, but of course I'm not pressed for time.

 Rather, it was Finn, his brother-in-law, who was pressed for time.

 As the heir to the Funnel family, he has been given a gifted education, and spends most of his day studying sociology.

 Until now, the fourth son of the Viscount family, who had nothing to do with such things, seemed to be struggling with an unfamiliar life, and even if we met face to face, he wouldn't even have time to have a decent conversation.

 Before I knew it, my lovely face was carved with dark circles, and the number of times I had hollow eyes increased.

 At this rate, I wonder if Finn will fall down.

 My worries were only growing.

 And that anxiety will hit the mark.