Onii-chan Admonishes the Blue Prince

childhood
024. Onii-chan Admonishes the Blue Prince

"Selene-sama!! Selene-sama!!"

"Oh, that..."

 When I woke up, I was in Agnès' arms.

"Good... You woke up!!"

"Yes, Agnès, it's okay."

 I put a lot of strength into my abdominal muscles and get up.

 Apparently, I lost consciousness temporarily because I used an unfamiliar power.

 When I got up, Shamshir came over and started licking my cheek.

 A clever cat. She seems to know that she was saved and has expressed her gratitude to me.

 But I was also helped by the same thing.

 If it weren't for Shamshir, I'm sure the prince and I would have been badly injured.

 Feeling the affection from Shamshir, I gently stroked her head.

"Thank you, Shamshir"

"Meow~♪"

"Ah, umm, Selene-sama..."

 The one who called out to me was Prince Elias.

"Prince Elias, I'm glad you're safe."

"Th-that's... Selene-sama are you okay..."

"I'm fine."

 Put Shamshir on your head and make a bicep on both arms.

"B-but I cannot do anything..."

"It was a sudden thing, so it can't be helped."

 Even though I tried to answer that, Elias continued to cringe with apologetic expression.

 I'm sure he originally thought he had to protect me and Shamshir.

 You look timid, but that's what a boy is.

"But why did the monsters attack me?"

"I don't know. It's fine if it's a 'stray monster' that appears from time to time, but if someone intentionally attacks the royal palace, it's a big deal, so the soldiers search for monsters around the royal palace. they are on patrol to see if there are any suspicious persons."

 I nodded at Agnès' words.

 Intentionally... I don't want to think about it, but both the prince and I are in a fairly prominent position.

 For me, a saint, the shadow of my father's existence as a heretic flickers, and I can't say that the prince may be targeted by other people who have the right to succeed to the throne.

"Right now, there have been no reports of other monsters or strange people, so don't worry."

"Thank you. Agnès."

"Um, Lady Selene..."

 Prince Elias spoke to me with a timid expression.

"What is it, Master Elias?"

“Why is Selene-sama so strong…?”

"Strong...?"

“Yes, even though you were attacked by monsters, you remained calm, and even tried to protect me. "

"Um..."

 Ah, maybe he think that my position overlapping his.

 I am a candidate for a saint, and he is a successor to the first king.

 While talking to him, I felt that it must have been something he didn't want.

 Originally, he had nothing to do with the life of the royal family, and maybe he just wanted to live a peaceful life with animals.

"Certainly, it's not a power I wished for. But even so, by using this power, I will be able to help someone important to me."

 Saying that, I smiled at Shamshir.

 Certainly, I don't want to actively become a saint.

 Reincarnating in this world is far from what i originally wanted, and striving to become a saint is something i have no choice to avoid a dark future.

 Still, that doesn't mean i will avoid using this power.

 There are things that only I can do.

 I'm sure that even without love flags and ruin flags, I would have chosen to hone this power.

“I use what I can use to protect those precious to me.

"Use what you can use..."

 The prince slowly raised his gaze as he murmured like he was ruminating on my words.

 I felt that there was something like a strong will in those eyes, different from the timidity I had seen until now.

"Selene-sama, I'm glad I met you today."

"Yes, I'm glad I got to meet Elias-sama as well."

 When I smiled, the prince's sickly white cheeks turned red for the first time.

"What's up?"

"No, no, it's nothing!?"

 What are you upset about?

 Even if we leave the source of the monsters aside, the matter seems to be settled for the time being, so it's about time we leave the royal palace.