Turmeric Ritual

Vijay's Side,
Sudha, gently entered his room to wake him up. As she pulled the curtains open, the soft morning sunlight streamed into the room, illuminating Vijay's face. He woke up with a bright smile, already feeling the excitement of the day ahead.

Sudha placed a cup of coffee on the side table, a thoughtful gesture to kickstart her son's morning. Vijay embraced her with affection as she wished him a good morning.

Vijay: Good morning, Amma.
Sudha: Good morning, Kanna.

She caressed his cheeks.

Sudha: Come on, get ready and come downstairs. We have to start with the rituals.

Vijay nodded in agreement, fully aware that the day was filled with auspicious ceremonies leading up to the main event, his wedding with Siyanshi.

After Amma left the room, Vijay went to the washroom to freshen up and prepare for the day's festivities. In a matter of minutes, he emerged from the washroom, dressed in a pristine white shirt and white pants, following the tradition that required turmeric paste to be applied to him before the wedding.

His attire complemented the significance of the day – a symbol of purity, peace, and new beginnings. As he stepped out of his room, the excitement and anticipation for the wedding day were visible on his face.

The house was buzzing with activity as family members prepared for the rituals and celebrations. Vijay made his way downstairs, where the family had gathered, eagerly awaiting the start of the joyful festivities. The atmosphere was filled with love, happiness, and a sense of togetherness that only such auspicious occasions can bring.

Rajendran asked Vijay to sit on the stool designated for him as the turmeric ceremony began. The atmosphere was lively, with many ladies dancing and singing, adding to the joyous ambience. Sudha, took the first turn, applying turmeric paste on his cheeks, hands, knees, and feet, followed by Rajendran, Aarthi, and Preethi. They all lovingly applied the auspicious paste on Vijay, showering him with blessings and good wishes for his future.

As the ceremony continued, it was now time for the younger ones, Riya, Harshita, and Advait, to apply turmeric to their Chittappa (uncle). Playfully, they decided to put a little on his nose, causing Vijay to chuckle at their cute antics.

However, the real surprise awaited him when his elder brothers, Jay and Ajay, took their turn to apply turmeric. With mischievous smirks, they exchanged looks, and Vijay could sense that they were planning something mischievous.

Vijay, trying to be cautious, warned his elder brothers not to do anything.

Vijay: Anna's, don't you dare to do anything like that.

But Jay and Ajay were not deterred.

Ajay: Don't you remember what you did with us on our wedding??

Jay: Now you'll get to know, baby bro...

Vijay: Anna, I was a kid that time.

Ajay: We don't know anything.

Jay: It's revenge time, and we have been planning this for a long time.

Riya, curious about what happened, asked what Vijay did on their wedding day.

Riya:- Appa, what Chittappa did on your wedding??

Ajay responded on Jay's behalf, keeping it a mystery.

Ajay: You'll get to know, Riya. Just wait and watch.

Vijay, seeking help from his parents, turned to his father, Rajendran, with a pleading look, but Rajendran simply raised his hand, signifying that he wouldn't interfere in their brotherly playfulness.