Unconscious

Over a year had passed since Vijay and Siyanshi's wedding. Ram and Priya had welcomed a baby boy into their family, naming him Ekansh. He was now five months old, and everyone's lives were going smoothly.

In the quiet stillness of the night, around 2 a.m., the room was dimly lit by a soft, gentle glow coming from a nearby night lamp. Siyanshi and Vijay lay in peaceful slumber. Then, suddenly, something stirred Siyanshi from her deep sleep.

She blinked in the dim light, and gently sat up in bed. Vijay, who had been sound asleep beside her, stirred slightly in response to her movements, but remained in peaceful slumber.

Siyanshi:- Vijay, wake up.

Siyanshi attempted to rouse Vijay from his deep slumber, gently shaking him.

Siyanshi:- Vijay, uthiye na (wake up)

Vijay, in his half-awake state, offered a sleepy acknowledgment, mumbling in response.

Vijay: Hmmm.

He mumbled, not fully conscious yet.

Siyanshi:- Please wake up.
Vijay:- Sleep Siya.

Vijay, still clinging to the edges of sleep, tried to keep her in bed by pulling her closer. However, Siyanshi was determined, and she first freed her hand from his grasp and then tugged at his own hand, coaxing him to wake up.

Finally, Vijay, now slightly more awake, squinted at the clock to check the time.

Seeing the late hour, he couldn't help but express his surprise.

Vijay: What, Siya? What happened to you at this time?

Siyanshi, looking up at him with an innocent yet hungry expression, reiterated,

Siyanshi: I'm hungry.

Vijay's expression remained a mix of drowsiness and amazement.

Vijay:- You what?

Siyanshi:- I'm hungry.

she repeated, a hint of impatience in her voice.

Vijay's shock was evident as he couldn't quite fathom her sudden midnight craving. He asked again.

Vijay: At this time?
Siyanshi responded with a shrug.

Siyanshi:- Is there a designated time for being hungry?

Vijay hesitated for a moment, considering her words.

Vijay:- No, but you never have such midnight cravings.

Siyanshi seemed ready to leave the bed and fend for herself, and she expressed her determination by saying.

Siyanshi:- Fine, you enjoy your sleep; I'll manage.

But before she could get out of bed, Vijay reached out and held her hand.
Vijay, realizing he had slightly overlooked Siyanshi's midnight hunger, quickly made amends.

Vijay:- Okay, okay, sorry.
He apologized.

Vijay:- Tell me, what would you like to have?

Siyanshi couldn't hide her excitement and grinned widely, her eyes shining with anticipation.

Siyanshi:- Maggie.

Vijay:- Alright.

Vijay agreed with a nod.

The couple made their way to the kitchen. Vijay, lifted Siyanshi gently by her waist, placing her on the kitchen platform.
Leaning in closer to her, he whispered with a loving smile.