Babies

After a few weeks, it was time for Siyanshi's first sonography. The couple made their way to the hospital, where Siyanshi was brimming with excitement, while her husband, Vijay, was noticeably nervous.

As they reached the hospital, Vijay parked the car and assisted Siyanshi in getting out. Once inside, they were greeted by Samira and Kavya, who were already waiting for them. Siyanshi warmly embraced the two, expressing her joy at seeing them.

Siyanshi: "I'm super excited, Anni."

Kavya: "So are we."

Samira noticed Vijay lost in his thoughts.

Siyanshi: "Don't look at him, Anni. He's hell scared."

Siyanshi giggled, drawing Vijay's attention.

Samira: "Don't worry, Vijay. Everything will be fine."

Kavya: "Yes, now let's go to the sonography room."

Soon, they were in the room. Vijay helped Siyanshi to lie down on the hospital bed and held her hand.

Kavya lifted up Siyanshi's top, and she felt shy, her grip on Vijay's hand tightening. Sensing her discomfort, he turned his face in another direction. Both Kavya and Samira couldn't help but giggle at the couple. Kavya applied the gel on Siyanshi's tummy, and Samira placed the transducer probe, initiating the procedure. The room was filled with a mix of excitement and nervousness, evident in the quickened heartbeats of both Siyanshi and Vijay.

After a few minutes, Kavya and Samira exchanged surprised glances, causing tension to rise in the room. Sensing the anxiety, Vijay gently caressed Siyanshi's head to comfort her.

Vijay, filled with anxiety, asked.

Vijay: "What happened, Anni? Is everything alright?"

Kavya's response heightened their worry.

Kavya: "Samira Anni this can't be true."

Samira clarified.

Samira: "You are not going to have a baby."

Vijay exclaimed.

Vijay: "What?"

Tears welled up in Siyanshi's eyes. Vijay instinctively side-hugged her and questioned.

Vijay: "But Anni, you said she's pregnant."

Kavya reassured them.

Kavya: "Chill, guys. Listen to her first."

Siyanshi looked at Vijay, her eyes filled with tears, and then turned to Samira.

Samira explained.

Samira: "Yes, she's pregnant, but you guys are not going to have a baby. You will have babies — two babies."

Vijay, still confused, asked.

Vijay : "What does that mean?"

Both Samira and Kavya burst into laughter.

Kavya clarified.

Kavya: "You both are going to have twins, not just one baby but two."

She pointed towards the screen, showing two distinct dots.

Both Siyanshi and Vijay gazed at the screen, utterly shocked. Vijay remained frozen, his eyes unblinking, as he tried to process the unexpected news. Then, abruptly, Siyanshi erupted with excitement.

Siyanshi couldn't contain her excitement, and she let out a loud, joyous scream. She released Vijay's hand, jumped off the bed, and embraced her Annis tightly.