Cherished

After a while, Siyanshi returned to the house and headed straight to her room to put away the items she had bought. Then, she proceeded directly to the kitchen where Sudha and some workers were busy preparing lunch. She gently placed her hand on Sudha's shoulder and gently guided her out of the kitchen.

Sudha: What are you doing, Siyanshi?
Siyanshi: Amma, please go out. I'll handle everything here.

Sudha: No need, dear. It's your first day here, you should rest.

Siyanshi: Amma, trust me, I've got this. Just go, please.

With determination, she ushered Sudha and the workers out of the kitchen, signaling that she wanted some time alone.

Sudha settled on the couch, a bit perplexed by Siyanshi's actions. Rajendran noticed her confusion and joined her on the couch.

Rajendran: What's going on? Why do you look so puzzled?

Sudha: Well, your daughter basically kicked me out of the kitchen. I have no idea what she's up to on the very first day of her marriage.

Rajendran chuckled in amusement, understanding that Siyanshi must have something special planned.

After nearly two hours, Siyanshi emerged from the kitchen and instructed everyone not to enter. In the meantime, Preethi and Aarthi had also returned home as per Siyanshi's request.

Later, Siyanshi went to her room and adorned herself in a stunning red ethnic dress, complemented by contrasting jewelry, red bangles, her thalli (nuptial chain) around her neck, and vermillion in her hairline. She looked nothing short of a breathtaking newlywed bride. With her appearance perfected, she descended the stairs and received compliments from her mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. Just then, the doorbell rang, signaling Vijay's return.

Siyanshi turned to Aarthi and asked for her assistance.

Siyanshi: Anni, could you please help me?
Aarthi: Of course, tell me what you need help with.

She whispered something to Aarthi, and they both proceeded to the main door. Siyanshi opened the door with her ever-present smile, but it quickly faded as she realized that the person at the door wasn't Vijay. To her surprise, Jay and Ajay stood there. Aarthi couldn't hold back her laughter at Siyanshi's reaction. Siyanshi playfully pouted at her, while Jay and Ajay exchanged puzzled looks. Aarthi then explained her plan to them, and both brothers chuckled, entering the house and closing the door behind them.

Preethi: How come you guys are here so early today?

Ajay: Siyanshi called us and invited us over for lunch.

Aarthi: Siyanshi, you've got some explaining to do. What's going on?

Jay: Yes, Siyanshi, please spill the beans.

Siyanshi: Please be patient for a little while longer, Anna. Let Vijay come home first.

Just then, the doorbell rang again, and Siyanshi exchanged an amused glance with Aarthi. With a chuckle, Aarthi joined Siyanshi in going to the door. Siyanshi's smile was back as she opened the door, revealing Vijay this time. However, Vijay's reaction wasn't what she expected. He appeared utterly shocked, which was understandable since he had spoken to Sudha just hours ago and was told that Siyanshi was still upset and secluded herself in her room.

With a playful wink at Vijay, Siyanshi could see his eyes widening, followed by him closing them, perhaps thinking he was imagining things. As he reopened his eyes, he was met with Aarthi in front of him instead of Siyanshi.

(They had cleverly switched places to playfully confuse him while his eyes were closed.)

Vijay couldn't believe his eyes.