Consequences

After the function, everyone retreated to their respective rooms, looking forward to some much-needed relaxation. Siyanshi, too, settled down at her dressing table, her reflection in the mirror still radiating the charm and elegance she'd exhibited throughout the day. It was time to shed the heavy jewelry and let her hair cascade freely.

With gentle precision, she began to remove the delicate pieces of jewelry, enjoying the sensation of each piece being lifted away, liberating her from the adornments that had graced her during the festivities. The room was dimly lit, casting a soft, warm glow that added to the serene ambiance.

In the midst of her quiet, solitary moment, the door suddenly burst open. Startled, Siyanshi was instantly swept off her feet, quite literally, as Vijay swept her into his arms. The sudden, unexpected motion threw her off balance, and she instinctively buried her face in his chest, gripping his shoulder tightly, heart racing from the unexpected excitement.

Amused by her startled reaction, Vijay couldn't help but giggle, his deep laughter vibrating through her. He lowered her gently to the ground but continued to hold her close, his arm securely around her waist, both to reassure her and to relish her closeness.

Siyanshi gradually calmed herself, her breathing returning to a steady rhythm. She finally looked up, and her glare met Vijay's eyes, who had a mischievous twinkle in them.

Siyanshi couldn't hold back her playful annoyance.

Siyanshi:- "One day I'll faint because of your stupid antics."

Vijay, with a hint of remorse but mostly an amused grin, responded.

Vijay:- "Sorry, sorry,"

His eyes pleading for forgiveness.

Rolling her eyes, she questioned him further.

Siyanshi :-"For what reason did you get so excited?"

Vijay, still grinning, offered a simple yet sincere answer.

Vijay:- "Do I need a reason to lift my beautiful wife?"

Siyanshi continued to give him an exasperated glare, but it didn't seem to deter him. Vijay chuckled again, recognizing that his wife had a way of brightening even the most ordinary moments with her spirited responses.

Vijay:- "Okay, okay,"

he relented, reading the persistence in her gaze.

Vijay:-"come with me."

He led Siyanshi to sit on the edge of the bed and, with a charming smile, knelt down in front of her.

Siyanshi couldn't hide her curiosity.

Siyanshi:- "What?"
she asked, her eyes reflecting her bewilderment.

Vijay's smile only grew wider as he gestured for her to close her eyes.

Vijay :-"Siyaa, close your eyes."

Siyanshi's curiosity intensified.

Siyanshi:- "Why?" she inquired, raising a quizzical brow.

Vijay, in a playful tone, gently pressed,
Vijay:- "Siyaaa."

With a small sigh, Siyanshi agreed,

Siyanshi :-"Okay, okay,"
and obediently closed her eyes.

Taking this as his cue, Vijay placed a small box in her palm.

Vijay:-"Okay, now open them."

Siyanshi's eyes fluttered open, landing on the tiny box. She then looked up at Vijay, her expression filled with intrigue and a touch of excitement. He silently urged her to open the box, and she complied with anticipation. As the box revealed its contents, her eyes lit up, and a delighted smile graced her lips.