Chapter 5

Zhan, Feng Ming and a small security team get in the private elevator and head down to the lobby of the building. The security team leaves the elevator first to verify the all-clear and then Zhan and Feng Ming step out.

The concierge greets Zhan "Good afternoon Mr. Xiao how are you today sir?"

Zhan smiles "Good afternoon Mr. Zao I'm great, have a pleasant day." Zhan waves as he walks by.

In front of the high rise sits a black Mercedes, Zhan's driver already has the door open for him.

"Thanks, Mr. Lin" he smiles to his driver as he gets into the back.

Feng Ming walks around the car and gets in on the other side so that he is sitting with Zhan.

The rest of the security team gets into a Mercedes SUV that's waiting directly behind Zhan's car.

They pull out and head further downtown to the Gusu Grille, the ride is uneventful, but Zhan still has a feeling of apprehension in the pit of his stomach. 

Maybe I'm just spooked because of these letters, so far, I've received six and all of them have been graphically terrifying. Whoever is sending them is one sick puppy and I'm scared to death that this man will find me. 

My security has tightened, and it feels like a vice around my chest at the level of restriction I feel now. I can't even go eat a simple meal without always having four to six security guards with me. 

I had to move to a more secure building with a security clearance and passcode to get to the floor of my penthouse. I know that is usually standard with a lot of penthouses these days in the more modern building, but my floor always seems to be covered in security. 

I'm grateful for them and how seriously they take my safety but there are times when I wish I could go back to the days when I felt a little more carefree and unrestricted.

The car pulls up to the restaurant and after a security sweep the driver opens my door and I am ushered into the building.

We are greeted by the maître d' and taken to our table which is near the back of the restaurant and away from windows. 

While walking to our table, out of the corner of my eye I spot Yibo sitting with his brother and Anke. OMG, he's here, what do I do? Ok ok just be calm don't look over there just keep walking to your table. 

Zhan's heart is beating out of his chest, his palms are damp, and he feels a little lightheaded. He could have gone anywhere to eat but chose here and now Yibo is here as well.

Feng Ming notices Zhan's discomfort "Zhan are you alright? What's wrong?"

Zhan shakes his head and keeps walking, he's not actually sure he can speak at the moment because his mouth is completely dry, and his tongue is stuck to the roof of his mouth. He just keeps walking until they reach their table.

The booth they are sitting at is not easily approached without security noticing. Zhan quickly sits down and slides a bit closer to the center of the booth so that he can see (just barely) the table Yibo is at. 

He's trying to be nonchalant; he glances over at Yibo's table as he is adjusting his place in the seat and sees Yibo staring at him.