Chapter 17

Yibo comes to slowly, he glances over and sees Lulu sitting in the chair next to the hospital bed and they are whispering to each other. 

He scans Zhan and sees that he looks better, smiling at his sister. He climbs out of bed and walks over. 

Zhan looks up at his approach which lets Lulu know that someone is coming, she twists in her seat and smiles at him.

She stands up and engulfs him in a warm comforting hug as she pats his back and whispers "Thank you." In his ear.

Yibo hugs her and then steps back out of her embrace and looks at her tilting his head, she smiles at him "For taking care of my didi, for everything you have done for him

Yibo hugs her and then steps back out of her embrace and looks at her tilting his head, she smiles at him "For taking care of my didi, for everything you have done for him." 

She gives him a pointed look signaling to Yibo that she has a deeper knowledge of the thing he has done for his mate than just the superficial things most people are aware of. 

He nods, putting his hands in his pockets then grins. She gives him a big smile that shows her dimples and grabs his forearm to pull him over to Zhan.

Zhan looks at their smiling faces and can't help but to smile back "How did you sleep? You look better more rested and you have a bit more color to your cheeks."

Yibo shrugs "I slept pretty soundly, your waking was a relief and I think my mind finally gave my body permission to truly rest."

Zhan puts his hand out for him to take it, and when he does he pulls Yibo closer and kisses his full lips firmly. "Jiejie is going to stay for a while, I know you haven't left this room other than to eat, why don't you go stretch your legs and get some fresh air husband." He smiles shyly.

There's the smile Yibo has been waiting for, he leans in and gives him several small kisses and nods "Alright I'll get a shower and head out, I have a few errands I need to do anyway." He smiles at Zhan and bows to his sister-in-law and heads to the bathroom.

Zhan watches him walk into the bathroom and then turns his attention back to his sister. "Jiejie how has he been really?"

Lulu sighs "According to Mama and Aunty he has been vigilantly watching over you, he only eats when his mother comes and drags him down to the canteen and sleeps little." 

"He has been very worried about you didi. That man is completely in love with you and is absolutely devoted to his care and protection of you."

Zhan smiles and blushes at his Jiejie's last statement, his brows crease thinking about his neglect of himself while he has been unconscious. 

"I will make sure he takes better care of himself now that I'm awake, I'll keep an eye on his sleep and make him eat." He has a determined look on his face still looking at the bathroom door.

Lulu's face breaks out into a huge smile "Oh my god I knew it, you're in love with him, aren't you? You are totally head over heels for him." She has a look of awe on her face.