Chapter 29

They head toward the living room when a tornado storms through the door named Carmen "My baby where is my baby?" She says panicking.

She spots them and runs over moving past Yibo without a word and takes Zhan into her arms "Oh my poor Zhanzhan, I'm here, are you ok?" She strokes his hair and hugs him.

She turns her head to Yibo "You took care of it?" Giving him a pointed look.

He grins and nods, it's not a nice grin but an almost sadistic grin, Carmen sees his expression and nods approval shining in her eyes. 

She gently moves Zhan out of her arms and looks him over, she visually checks him from head to toe.

She strokes his hair some more and coos "Oh that bastard bruised you, how do you feel? Have you seen a doctor?"

Zhan giggles "Mama I'm okay, Nurse Pang came and checked me over, she left some medicine for me and it's helping with the pain and swelling."

She looks at her son "What did she say?"

Yibo sticks his hands in his pockets "She said besides the bruising he has a cut on the inside of his cheek, he will be alright."

Carmen pulls Zhan down beside her in the living room and tucks him close to her.

She kisses his temple and smiles at them "So when will you be telling the rest of the family?"

Yibo looks questioningly at his mother "What do you mean?"

She smirks "Don't be cheeky, I can smell him." 

Her beautiful smile widened "I'm going to be a grandmother."

Yibo chuckles and Zhan blushes "We are calling the family over for a dinner party tomorrow night, you are the only one besides us who knows so please keep it to yourself for now." 

"We need to see a doctor preferably tomorrow with the fire and the traumatic experience he endured today I really want him to be seen quickly."

Carmen nods kisses Zhan's head and stands up "Let me make a call, I'll be right back."

Zhan looks at Yibo with wide eyes and all Yibo can do is shake his head laughing. 

There is nothing you can do when his mother gets like this other than to just let her. 

Yibo sits by his husband and wraps his arm around him, holding him close, He needs to be close to him right now and Zhan needs his calming scent to keep him mellow. 

Carmen walks back into the room a few minutes later, "Go ahead and call your security team we can be seen as soon as we get there today."

Yibo quirks a brow "Who are we going to see Mother?"

The best obstetrician in Beijing Dr. Qiao, she's a friend of mine so I called her and she said she would see us right away. Come on let's go."

Yibo and Zhan stand up and head for the door, he nods to He Peng who is standing in the foyer, he opens the door and calls for the car, they get in and drive to Dr. Qiao's office. 

They arrive about thirty minutes later, security walks them to the eighth floor and Carmen knocks. 

A woman in her late fifties opens the door with a pleasant smile and then smiles wider when she sees Carmen.

"Carmen, it's been too long, I'm so happy you called please." She steps back and waves them in.

The women hug then the men come in Dr. Qiao looks at them and smiles "Please sit, Carmen gave me some information about you but I would like more details."