Chapter 15

A nurse comes out and calls for Mr. Wang Xian's family, they all stand up and she smiles "You can go in and see him now but please only two at a time."

Yibo walks over to the nurse "I'm his husband, and I want to stay here with him can we have another bed brought to his room please?" 

She widens her smile "Yes of course we will have the room adjusted to accommodate you, please follow me."

Carmen looks at everyone "I'll go in with Yibo first so that I can leave and go pack him a bag, the rest of you can decide what order you want to go in and visit him with Yibo alright?" Everyone nods their agreement and Yibo and Carmen follow the nurse to Zhan's room.

When Yibo walks in he sees Zhan laying in the hospital bed, he looks pale and so beautiful. Yibo walks over to him and takes his hand and he bends down and kisses his knuckles.

 Yibo walks over to him and takes his hand and he bends down and kisses his knuckles

 Zhan is connected to all kinds of wires, he has an I.V. and an oxygen tube across his face sitting under his nose. 

Yibo pulls a chair closer to the bedside and sits down, he takes Zhan's hand in his again and lays his forehead on their clasped hands. 

Carmen walks up and puts her arm around her son's shoulder and her other hand on her son-in-law's leg, patting both softly. 

Yibo raises his face and looks at Zhan "He's so pale Ma, look at how pale he is." Yibo looks at their joined hands "his hands, they are so delicate, so soft, the hands of an artist."

He shows her Zhan's smaller hand in his, holding his hand with his right hand and lightly stroking Zhan's hand with his left. 

Yibo looks back at the perfect lines of his mate's face, the soft curve of his brow, the straight line of his nose, the refined jawline, and his full slightly pouty lips with that little mole he loves so much. "He's so beautiful Ma."

Carmen smiles, nods, lays her head on top of her son's, and wraps her arms around his shoulders "Yes he is and he's going to be fine, you can take him home in a few days my darling. You will keep him safe, I know you will. I love you, I'm going to go pack you a bag, I'll be back soon alright?" 

Yibo nods continuously stroking Zhan's hand. Eventually, everyone made their way into the hospital room to spend time with Zhan. 

Now that everyone is gone and it's just the two of them, the room is quiet except for the soft beep of the machine his mate is attached to. Yibo thinks back to just before his Zhan was shot.

Yibo is standing beside the table smiling waiting for Zhan to walk back to him after he sang for him. 

His heart is so full, his mate's beautiful voice still ringing in his mind. He watches Zhan's incredible body, long, lean, and sexy as hell walk towards him, excitement shining in his eyes and a smile on his lips.