Chapter 6

While Zhan is concentrating on his hot pot Li walks up to the table and nods "Hey laoban, Ming, how is everything going?"

Zhan keeps his eyes firmly on his hot pot meat cooking on his chopsticks, cheeks still pink and ears still red "Great this hot pot is delicious, we definitely need to come back here more often."

Feng Ming looks at Li over Zhan's bent head and smirks as he tilts his head in Yibo's direction. Li glances Yibo's way then looks back at Feng Ming slightly nods and grins. 

The two men are having a silent conversation so as not to alert their boss. They have now both confirmed what they have all been speculating about but couldn't prove until now. Zhan likes Yibo, but none of them could verify this until now. 

After they have witnessed Zhan's reaction to being near Yibo it's abundantly clear that Zhan is at the very least attracted to Yibo. 

All three of Zhan's bodyguards have always been completely loyal to Zhan but they also cooperate with Yibo's security team that has been assigned to protect him secretly. 

They have also reported directly to Yibo whenever there has been a direct threat to Zhan, like these letters he's been receiving. 

Normally none of them would do anything behind Zhan's back but Yibo is for all intents and purposes Zhan's husband so they all agreed to keep Yibo in the loop about threats to Zhan's safety. 

Feng Ming resumes eating and grins as his boss continually pats his forehead and the sides of his face with a napkin to soak up the sweat. 

Feng Ming is guessing the excessive perspiration is from both the spicy hot pot and being flustered by Yibo. 

Feng Ming grins at his boss "This is really good laoban, great choice, it's a bit spicy though."

Zhan looks up and smiles "It's great and I like it spicy, being a Chongqing boy guarantees it. Most of the dishes made at home are at least this spicy but usually more so. 

Mom always makes a separate batch for you guys that is not as spicy as we normally eat so that you can enjoy the food when we visit."

Feng Ming nod and Li grins "Remind me to thank your mom the next time we visit, I didn't realize she did that for us." 

"I myself am grateful to her for doing it, I don't enjoy spicy food very much."

Zhan nods "Definitely, my parents are really grateful for all that you guys do to keep me safe."

Zhan hears a deep seductive voice "So am I."

At hearing that voice Zhan freezes and his whole body feels like it's been struck by a live wire. 

He slowly raises his head and in front of him is the object of his obsession, glorious in his beauty and intoxicating in his sandalwood scent.