Chapter 8

Zhan dials another number put the phone on speaker and begins rummaging through the fridge to see what ingredients he has for dinner.

Ji Li "Hey Zhan, how did the exhibit go? Sorry, I couldn't make it, gege had to go to Taiwan so I had to deal with the shipping company in his absence."

Ji Li

Zhan nods "No worries, I understand. It went great we sold several paintings and there were a lot of important people there so it was great exposure for the gallery." 

"Hey, so do you think you could come over for dinner tonight? I'm also going to call Jiyang and see if he can come. I really need to talk to you both."

Ji Li nods "Yeah absolutely what time do you want us there?"

Zhan thinks for a second "How about seven, that way I can make sure to have everything prepared and at least almost ready when you arrive."

Ji Li smiles "Sounds great I'll see you then." Ji Li click off the call.

Zhan dials Jiyang

Jiyang

"Hey Zhan, what's up with you today?" 

"Not much, are you free for dinner? I called Ji Li and I want you guys to come over, I'm cooking and I need to talk to you both."

Jiyang raises his eyebrow "Zhan is everything ok?"

Zhan shrugs "More or less but there are just a few things that I need to discuss with you and I need my best friends. Can you come?"

Jiyang smiles "Of course what time do you want me there and what can I bring?"

Zhan laughs "Seven and just you, I'll have everything ready beforehand no don't go to any trouble."

Zhan after checking over the kitchen and decides what he will make for dinner. He has everything he needs except for the tofu. 

He walks over to the entryway and opens the door. He looks to the right and spots He Peng "Hey can you get one of the guys to run to the store for some firm tofu for me?"