Braden Holtby (#70 of Washington Capitals)

For vsnow99 Sorry it took so long. Hope it comes out okay. Thanks for being so understanding.

I was sitting in the player's wive's suite biting my nails. It was the last few minutes of the last period of game 7 of the Stanley cup finals. I was there to support Braden. I wasn't his wife, but we've been friends forever. Everyone assumed we were a couple and we never corrected them because we secretly wanted to be one and we practically were a couple since we live together, slept together and loved each other.

I was so nervous. The Capitals were so close to winning the cup. We were ahead by one and Braden just had to stop the rest of the shots on him and the rest of the team had to keep the puck on the other side of the rink and maintain possession of it.

It was pretty silent in the arena as the Lightning had possession of the puck and was about the shoot. Stamkos had the puck and was making his way towards Braden, "Come on B!!!!! You got this!!!!!" I yelled.

Stamkos went left and Braden followed, then Stamkos shot right and everyone held their breath, as if us breathing would distract Braden.

The puck deflected off of Braden's blocker and then the buzzer went off. Cheers erupted everywhere and the boys on the ice all cheered together. I rushed out of the suite and made my way down to the ice. I wanted to make sure I got there before any of the wives.

All the players passed the cup around before any family could go on the ice.

As soon as they opened the door, I rushed to Braden on the ice. He turned around picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him, "Congrats B!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!"

"I heard you cheer Nessa!!!! I'm so happy you came today," he whispered in my ear so I could hear him since it was so loud.

"You know I'd never miss a game," I said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Good," he said as I was about to get down but he kept a firm grip on me, "Where do you think you're going?"

"I was going to get down so you could celebrate with your team," I said simply.

He looked sad, then his soft lips met mine and we kissed. It wasn't our first kiss and it definitely wasn't our last, "You'll be home when I get back, right?"

"Of course and I'll be awake," I winked giving him another kiss.

He set me down and everybody celebrated. After about an hour of celebrating on the ice and in the locker room, I headed home.

I pulled into the driveway and went inside. I decided to surprise Braden by making my famous chocolate chip cookies. After I put them in the oven, I ran upstairs in our shared bedroom to change into my pajamas. I put one of Braden's shirts on since it fit me like a dress and had some black boyshort underwear on.

The timer went off and I headed back downstairs. I pulled the cookies out and heard the front door open, "Nessa I'm home."

"I'm in the kitchen," I said loud enough so he could hear me.

He walked in and put his head on my shoulder, "Smells good."

I was placing the cookies on a plate so they could cool faster, "I thought I'd surprise you and make chocolate chip cookies."

He kissed my cheek, "We can have cookies and milk and watch a movie."

"That sounds like a great idea," I turned to face him and gave him a huge kiss, "Why don't you get the movie ready and I'll get the milk."

He grabbed the plate of cookies and headed into the living room. I got our mugs from the freezer for the milk (trust me on this, milk tastes so much better in mugs that are frozen). I went into the living room and saw that Braden chose Goon.

I wasn't surprised because we both loved that movie. I sat down and we ate cookies and drank our milk and watched the movie. About halfway through the cookies were gone.

Braden pulled me onto his lap, "We won the cup!!!" He yelled out.

I giggled, "Woohoo!!!!! You really were great out there B."

"Thanks Nessa," he kissed me and I kissed back. I love his kisses.

"I love you Braden," I said.

"I love you too Vanessa," he replied giving me more kisses.

He picked me up and pulled me upstairs. We celebrated the rest of the night in the best way possible.