Rickard Rakell (#67 of Anaheim Ducks)

For RoseLilySunflower

Thank you for being so patient. It's my last year at university and I'm just trying to focus so much on it. Thank you for being so understanding and I hope you enjoy it. :)

Today, Rickard and I have been dating for 5 years. He told me to dress up because he's taking me out for a fancy dinner and it'll be a really special night.

Of course, I have a thought in the back of my mind that's telling me, 'maybe he'll propose tonight.'

I mean it's been five years and he said it's going to be a special night, so I think my thought is well founded.

I put on some classic 80s rock to get ready to. I finish putting my makeup on and slip on a nice blue dress with a set of pearls that Rickard bought me for our anniversary last year. I simply put a few curls in my hair and leave it down. I also slip in some black heels.

There's a knock on the door, which confuses me because we live together so he has a key, "Coming."

I open the door and there's Rickard dressed up in a nice suit, "You look beautiful, Y/N. Happy anniversary."

"You don't look bad yourself Rickard. Happy anniversary," I say giving him a kiss on the lips.

*Time Skip to Restaurant*
We're at The Ivy in Beverly Hills. It's around 6 and we're almost done with dinner. Rickard keeps checking his watch like he's expecting something, which keeps me puzzled.

"Would you care to look at our dessert menu?" our waiter asks us, and before I can even answer, Rickard hands him his credit card, "Sorry, we've got to get going."

Again I'm puzzled, "Where are we going next?"

"It's a surprise," he simply tells me.

I'm thinking, "wow, tonight's the night."

We're back in the car and driving somewhere. We end up at Staples Center and I'm more confused.

We park, and walk inside. It's packed. I'm even more confused.

We get to our suite and a few other Ducks' players are there along with either their dates or wives.

"Rickard what are we doing here?"

"Surprise I got us tickets for Kobe's last game!!!" He says with the biggest smile ever.

"Oh," is all I said. He walks away. I'm so upset because I don't like basketball at all and it's our anniversary. I would've been fine if we watched it at home and got to cuddle, but I know exactly what's going to happen. I'm going to stand here not caring at all while he enjoys the game with the guys, which is exactly what happened so I left the suite to go drink.  I couldn't believe this. 

After a few drinks, I walk back to the suite, the whole time thinking how huge of a Kobe fan he actually is and that I'm being selfish.

I walk in and there's no one in there except Rickard.

"Where'd everyone go?" I ask him.

"It's halftime they went to get a cocktail," he tells me.  I walk next to him and he turns to me, "You really do look beautiful tonight.  I know you wanted it to be just you and me and I'm sorry it's not."

"It's okay," I say.

"Hold on.  I have a present for you.  I hope you know how much I love you and need you in my life.  You're the most special person to me and I can't imagine my life without you.  Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" He finished down on one knee.

I am speechless.  Silent tears make there way down my face, "Yes of course. I love you too." I say jumping into him.

He falls over and we laugh.  He slips the ring on my finger and it's absolutely breathtaking.  We kiss and hear knocks on the door, "Can we come in yet?"

"Yes," Rickard yells to them.

"We're engaged!!!!!!" I yell.

All the girls rush to me to admire the ring and the guys congratulate us.  They give us hugs and we watch the rest of the game together.

Let's just say that I wasn't the only lucky one that night ;)