Jeff Carter <3 (#77 of LA Kings)

I have been best friends with Jeff Carter ever since we were in diapers. My family thought of him as family as his family thought of me as family. We of course had those wild and crazy nights together. We had the nights where we drank too much, where we'd call each other for rides home, we went to the school dances together, we were there for all the bad breakups and losses, I was there when he was traded and we had some nights full of sex or fights. But we always found our way back to each other. I moved with him to LA so I could find an accounting job. We lived together, we loved each other, but we never got together. Richards always told us to get together and eventually we did. It took a long time, but we ended up getting together. It was just natural for us.

"Hey baby, are we going to the family skate tonight?" I asked him.

"Only if you want to," he said.

We would usually go but lately I haven't been feeling well and I was concerned. I went to the doctor earlier to get a check up and was waiting for a phone call, "Let's go! Maybe it'll make me feel better."

"Okay babe," Jeff said hugging me and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

As we got to the rink I was getting more nervous from not hearing from the doctor and Jeff was starting to notice, "Hey babe, you okay?"

"Yeah just a little nervous, haven't skated in a while," which was true.

I sat on the bench as the players had a small ceremony before family skate. I laced up my skates and readjusted my jeans so they fell over my skates and waited for Jeff to come get me.

Jeff skated over to me, "Baby I'll be right back, I have to go get something."

"Okay," I said kissing his lips. I waved at Mike, Jonathan and Drew as they skated by me. Then, I felt my phone vibrate, "Hello?"

It was my doctor and he told me something I wasn't expecting...I was pregnant. He told me to take it easy and to make another appointment to get an ultrasound, so I did that.

"Hey baby, who you talking to?" Jeff asked coming to sit next to me handing me a new #77 jersey.

I pulled the jersey over my head, "That was the doctor."

"Oh, what'd he say, are you okay?" Jeff asked worried.

"Yeah um...I don't know how to tell you this," I said worried he'd get upset.

"Please tell me," he said giving me his puppy eyes.

"Well I'm pregnant," I told him.

He smiled and picked me up giving me hugs and a kiss, "I'm going to be a dad!"

"Yeah," I smiled, "Are you okay with this?"

"Of course, I love you and will love our little baby," he said pulling me onto the ice, "Be careful skating."

We skated by Mike Richards and Jeff stopped him, "Het Mikey, we have to ask you something."

"Yeah what's up?" He said.

"Will you be our kid's godfather?" Jeff asked.

"We're having a baby," I said as Jeff put his arm around my waist.

"Of course oh my god, I'm so happy for you guys," he said.

We smiled and finished the family skate. After the skate, everyone found out we were having a baby.

9 Months Later
"Jeff it's time, come on let's go!!!!" I yelled.

"Okay okay okay. I'm ready, lets go," he said rushing out of the house with my extra clothes.

"Babe, you kind of forgot me," I semi-yelled out to him, waddling out the door to the car.

He came back to me and escorted me to the car, "Sorry baby."

After the painful labor and pushing, the cries of a beautiful baby boy were heard.

4 Years Later
We were at another family skate at Staples Center. I laced up my skates and helped our son, James, lace up his skates. He got a new pair for his birthday from us, he wanted to be just like his daddy.

As Jeff skated off the ice to the bench, he told us he has to go back into the locker room, but for us to start skating.

I held James hand, but he decided to pull me onto the ice which made me laugh. We skated around and James was showing off his skating skills to everyone, which made me laugh.

The lights in the stadium dimmed and I was about to skate off the ice, "Mommy, stay here."

I got confused, "Okay but sweetie what's going on?"

"You'll find out just don't move," he told me.

I giggled, then Jeff skated out towards me, "Hey baby. I just wanted to tell you I love you and our son. I'm so happy that Mike pushed us together. We've been best friends forever and I just wanted to stay best friends for the rest of our lives. Will you marry me?"

"Yes, of course I love you so much," I said as he put the ring on my finger.

We kissed and hugged, everyone clapped and cheered. James skated over and Jeff picked him up.

Our wedding was perfect. James was our ring bearer. Mike was the best man. The whole team was there as well as their girlfriends or wives. my best friend was Jonathan's wife, so she was my maid of honor. Our parents were there and we lived the rest of our lives together so happily. We loved each other so much.