Jesper Fast (#19 of New York Rangers)

For Chelocean22

Being a medic for a hockey team had a lot of ups and downs.

The ups - I get to watch my favorite sport, I get up close and personal with the team and staff, I get to go to every practice and help some of my favorite athletes.

The downs - getting close to the players like to the point where some players consider me their little sister and gaining a huge crush on Jesper Fast who probably thinks of me as a sister as well but little did I know that wasn't the case, but I was about to find out.

Right now I'm at the Rangers practice in Texas for the game against the Stars.  I'm watching the guys skate around, but I'm mainly focused on Jesper because I may have a slightly huge crush on him.

"Chelsea you have to focus on other players too," Henrik says making me blush.

"I know, go get in the net," I say slightly pushing him. Most of the players know of my crush and like to tease me about it.

He laughs and then I focus back on the practice.

Everything happened so fast.  The puck bounced off Jesper's stick at an odd angle and flies straight into his face and he's on the ground. 

Practice stops and a few players bring Jesper to the benches where myself and the other medical staff are.

He's brought into the locker room and I go to his side to assess the situation. 

Just by looking at his nose, I can tell it's broken.  It's slightly crooked and is bleeding a lot.  I also notice a small cut on his cheek.

I get some antiseptic and gauze as well as some bandages and ice.  I sit on the bench next to him and he looks at me and smiles, I smile back.

I put antiseptic on the gauze and clean his cheek wound.  After I place the small bandages on it Mike, the other medic, goes up to him, "Jesper I'm going to realign your nose."

"Okay," he says.  I'm about to get up when Jesper grabs my hand, "Stay here."

I just nod because I'm shocked that he wants me to stay there with him.  When Mike realigns his nose, Jesper holds my hand and squeezes, I'm not going to lie it hurt.

"Chelsea you can handle the rest," Mike says to me.

"Okay Mike," I say.

I roll up gauze and tell Jesper to put it up his nostrils to help with the bleeding and gently place the ice pack on Jesper's nose.

"Thanks Chelsea."

"It's my job Jesper, so it's no problem" I say giggling a bit and feel my cheeks heating up.

"So how's it look?" He asks moving the ice pack.

"It looks better then it first did.  Just make sure you take some ibuprofen for swelling and pain," I tell him.

"So Chelsea, I have a question," Jesper says holding my hand.

I blush, "What's your question?"

"Would you maybe want to get dinner with me sometime?"

"I'd love that," I tell him.

"Great," he smiles.  He kisses me on the cheek and gets up to go back on the ice.

"Oh no no Jesper you have to wait to go back out," I tell him feeling bad, "Sorry rules.  We have to talk to coach to see what he wants to do."

"Okay," he says sitting back down next to me, "That means I get to spend more time with you though."

I smile and blush.  Definitely the beginning of something great.

A/N: Thanks for being so patient Chelsea!!!!! Hope you like it :)