Zach Parise (#11 of Minnesota Wild)

For @jayuhlich, hope you enjoy it :)

I was on the plane flying home to Minneapolis to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday. I was away on business and had bought my boyfriend and I glass seats to see the Minnesota Wild. We were playing the Anaheim Ducks, and I thought it'd be a great game.

I didn't expect to not be picked up at the airport, I didn't expect to have to take a cab to his house and I didn't expect he'd be screwing some blonde bimbo on the kitchen table. I also didn't expect to leave him and go alone to the Wild game.

I took the cab back to my apartment and threw my suitcase in my car, threw my #11 Parise jersey on and drove to Xcel Energy Center. I ordered a beer when I got there and sat right next to the Wild bench.

Once the game started I completely forgot about my douche of an ex because there was Zach Parise against the glass. I yell at the referee, "Are you blind?!!!! That was obvious boarding!!!" and Zach seemed impressed.

After the second period Zach skated by my seat and told me to come to the locker room after the game. I nodded, of course.

Zach scored the final goal and the buzzer went off indicating the game was over and we won 5-3. The Ducks had some stupid lucky breaks.

I went over to the locker room after the game, I didn't go inside though because I figured they all were getting changed and celebrating with one another. Some of the players came out and I congratulated those who did and when Zach came out I was nervous. He was my favorite player and I thought he was super hot.

"I heard some of the comments you were throwing at the ref, I'm pretty impressed," he said smiling.

"Thanks, I'm Y/N," I told him obviously blushing.

"I'm Zach, but I'm pretty sure you know that," he replied pointing to my jersey.

I giggled, "Yeah, been a fan since I was in diapers, of hockey that is."

"Wanna go get a bite to eat?" he asked me.

"Yes!" I yelled, "Sorry, that was loud."

"No, it's cute how excited you are," he said. I blushed a million shades of red and pink.

I gave Zach my address and headed back to my apartment to change into something nicer. He got there like 10 minutes after I got back.

"Sorry I had nowhere else to go since I wear my suit to the rink," he told me as I let him into my apartment.

"Oh it's no big deal, I'm just no where near ready," I told him. He told me to take my time.

I threw on a nice mint green dress and went downstairs with my makeup to get ready down there so he wasn't alone.

He was looking through my movie collection, "Impressed?" I asked.

"Yeah, can I put one in while you get ready?" he asjed.

"Of course, make yourself at home," I said as I went into the kitchen to pour us each a glass of wine.

He ended up putting Jeepers Creepers in, "Do you want to just stay in and watch movies and drink wine?" I asked him. He said sure and took his jacket off, "I have some sweats and a shirt that you can wear to get more comfortable if you want?"

He nodded and I ran into the other room to get him the sweats. I changed. He changed. We talked about my ex and our families. We drank a whole bottle of wine and had a good time.

We woke up the next morning on the couch in each other's arms. We kissed. We had a connection. We dated for a few years, then got married and had a kid. We loved each other until the end of time.