Damien Brunner (#12 of New Jersey Devils)

For @dbrunner24, hope you like it :)

Being the daughter of a hockey coach has a lot of ups and downs. Peter DeBoer, the coach of the New Jersey Devils is my father, but I don't live at home anymore. I'm 25, out of college and now work for the team. I am part of the medical personal team. It's hard to work with my dad because he says the team is off limits to me.

However Damien Brunner and I have been seeing each other for a while now, even before I started working for the team, so I figured that was okay. And my dad was actually perfectly okay with it because he knew Damien was a good guy. We ended up moving in together after a year and a half together.

I woke up, "Babe?"

"Hmm?" Damien mumbled.

"We have to get up and ready for work?" I told him, getting out of bed.

He pulled me back into bed, "We can sleep in a little longer." I smiled and fell back asleep knowing he was right.

-30 Minutes Later-

I woke up and Damien wasn't in bed. I was confused, but then heard a bump and an "oh shit" in the hallway. "Babe, are you okay?" I asked him.

"Did I wake you up? Sorry, it was supposed to be a surprise," he said.

"No I was already up," I told him.

"Close your eyes," he said. I did as I was told. I heard him fumbling about on the bed. I wanted to peak, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise. "Okay open your eyes."

I opened my eyes, and there were flowers and breakfast and orange juice, "Awweee babe all this looks delicious."

He smiled, "Yeah, I called your dad and told him we were going to be late. We're going to have breakfast in bed."

"Yay," I said taking a bite of the French toast, "oh my gosh, this is so good!!!"

"Thanks baby," he said slipping back into bed and turning the tv on. We are cartoon people, so he put Phineas and Ferb on. We laughed and then Damien took our trays and put everything away. I was about to get out of bed, but he grabbed me and said he had a present for me. I smiled. He then got down on one knee, "Y/F/N Y/L/N, I have loved you since the moment we met and I'm so happy you're dad allowed us to be together. Please make me the happiest man alive by becoming Mrs. Brunner."

I had tears in my eyes, "Oh my god, yes I love you so much."

"Woohoo!!!" He said before kissing me on the lips.

We went to the stadium and we made our engagement announcement, everybody congratulated us including my dad.

We loved each other so much :)