Brandon Saad (Former #20 of Chicago Blackhawks)

For CrazyChickSusie Thank you for being so patient with me.  I hope this comes out awesome for you.

"Susie, where are you?" Brandon yells from upstairs.

"I'm in the kitchen with Melissa," I reply wiping apple sauce off our three year old daughter's face.

"There's my two favorite girls," Brandon says while hugging me from behind and kissing my cheek.

"Daddy!!!" Melissa yells with her arms up. Brandon picks her up and flies her around like an airplane, "Weeee!!!!  Mommy look I'm an airplane."

I smile and laugh, "Yes and you're a very cute airplane too."

"Melissa are you excited to watch daddy play tonight?" Brandon asks her while putting her down.

"Yes, you're going to score a hat trick for mommy and me," she replies as I laugh.

"What's so funny babe?" Brandon asks me.

"Our three year old's vocabulary consists of hockey terms and it cracks me up," I smile.

Brandon laughs and kneels next to Melissa, "I'll try my best to score a hat trick for you and mommy, sweetheart."

He gives her a kiss on the cheek and she gives him one too. I smile thinking about how much I love my family and how cute they are.

She runs into the living room to play with her blocks when Brandon stands up next to me, "I'm so excited she'll get to watch me play."

I give a shaky smile, "I'm excited too, but I don't want her to see you get hurt."

"I won't get in any fights and you know I'm as careful as I can be while on the ice," he says wrapping his arms around me.

"I know.  We'll be cheering you on from the suite," relaxing a bit and leaning into Brandon's side.

"No you guys aren't sitting in the suite.  You'll be right behind the glass," he says with a cheeky smile.

"That's the only perk of having a hockey husband," I tease.

"Is that really the only perk?" he replies pushing me into the counter and kissing my neck.

"Melissa's in the other room babe," I say turning around to face him.

He gives me his best puppy dog pout, "Later?"

"Okay," I say kissing his lips and hugging him.

"Mommy, someone's at the door," Melissa runs into the kitchen.

"That's probably Toews. He's a bit early," he says kissing me and rushing upstairs.

"Come on honey, let's go let Jonathan in," I say holding her hand.

I open the door to see Jonathan standing there smiling like a goofball, "Hey Jonathan.  Come on in, Brandon just jumped in the shower."

"Okay, thanks Susie. Hey Melissa, how are you cutie?" he says as she hugs his legs.

"Rawr, I'm a dinosaur Uncle Jonathan and I have your legs

"Melissa, let Jonathan walk to the couch at least.  I'm sorry Jonathan," I say closing the front door.

"It's no problem Susie.  Melissa if you're a dinosaur you must be a baby one because I can pick you up," he says lifting her up onto his shoulders.

"Mommy, I'm taller than you now," she said on top of his shoulders.

"Yes you are.  Jonathan do you mind watching her while I check on Brandon?" I ask.

"No problem at all," he says putting Melissa down. As I head upstairs I hear him say he's now a tickle monster and begins chasing her around the living room.