~Leslie~ (8)

I found myself pacing anxiously gripping my steering wheel as I waited for the light to turn green. I was on FaceTime with Sabrina anxiously waiting too arrive ar her recording studio m,
Did you read the headlines Sab?"

"Yes, Leslie I did. I told you I did and I don't know what else you want me to say at this point about it."

"I can't actually believe he slept with that botox-filled bitch! I mean she is basically a fucking wax figure. Why her out of everyone?"

"Sounds like you're getting jealous?"

My mouth went agape, "How dare you even imply something like that. I am just pissed because I know he did it on purpose. He was flirting with her during the whole damn shoot."

"Didn't you say you were flirting with that Zayn guy?"

"Yes, because he was acting like a possessive asshole."

"Just try to calm down okay. Are you almost here?"

"Yeah, I just pulled up." I got out of my white Audi and headed into the tall building made of concrete and glass. I was directed to the elevator but a man in a bellhop uniform. I pressed the button, 18, that was the floor she said to go to, and it was room 222. I had hardly knocked before the door swung opened with Sabrina pulling me into a tight hug.

"I missed you girl."

"Me too."

"I am just so pissed of all the trouble I put myself through for him only to be like this. To keep doing this to me."

"Come on girl. No more boy talk let's get to recording." She places an arm around my shoulder and guides me into the studio where her manager and band are all seated. The vocal exercises went over pretty well. I wasn't a total amateur to singing. It was finding the vocals and the right tempo to record to. My perfectionism was kicking in and I was feeling overwhelmed and like such a screw up.

"Girl it's okay just don't stress."

"I need to get this right!"

"No one hardly ever records their song perfect the first time around."

"I know but you wanted me to do that debut tonight and I don't even know how I wanna sing the song."

"Just breathe and picture all of your emotions when writing it and channel that into your voice."

I did what she said. I closed my eyes and pictured the pain the dumbfounded expression on his face when he told me he cheated. The way I believed his lies and everything. The trusting that turned into hating him. I had it. The emotion. The adrenaline. It was all coming together.
_____________________________________

The day went by like a flash and before I knew it standing on a cherry wood stage with crowd of fifty people prepared to criticize me. I felt a lump in my throat. Gazing into the full-length mirror in the small back room they had as a dressing room, I exhaled, and tried reassuring myself that everything was going to be okay. I was cropped red tank and skinny black jeans. The red converse and heart necklace I had went with the top. My hair was slicked back into a high ponytail. I almost didn't recognize myself with angel wings and other adornments. Not in a narcissistic manner, it was nice to wear normal clothes and minimal amounts of makeup. I took another deep breath as Sabrina suddenly appeared in the room.

"They are ready for you?"

I hunched over nervously clutching my stomach,
"I feel like I am going to throw up."

She shook her head from side to side and placed her hands on top of my shoulders reassuringly,

"You are going to do great."

"No I am not. This isn't me."

She frowned lightly, "How do you know that whenever you have never tried before?"

"I just don't think I should be doing this."

"Just breathe and take everything one step at a time."

I gulped lightly but nodded my head. I could feel my body started to shake as I went down the hallway and out on the stage. As the music started playing, I tried my best to let go. I closed my eyes and let the words and emotions take over my body.

Once upon a time
A few mistakes ago
(I should've known that things with him were a trap.)
I was in your sights
You got me alone
You found me
You found me
You found me
(I was so naive back then desperate)
I guess you didn't care
And I guess I liked that
(Typical girl loving the guy with rebellious attitude)
And when I fell hard
You took a step back
Without me
Without me
Without me
And he's long gone
When he's next to me
(We had started talking less and less. It should've been a sign when he stopped coming home)
And I realize
The blame is on me
'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So, shame on me now
(For thinking anyone like you would genuinely love someone like me)
Flew me to places I'd never been
Now I'm lyin' on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
(It was you and now it's nothing)
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
No apologies
He'll never see you cry
Pretends he doesn't know
That he's the reason why
You're drowning
(You let me fall without a reason. Didn't stop me from leaving)
You're drowning
You're drowning
And I heard you moved on
From whispers on the street
A new notch in your belt
Is all I'll ever be
And now I see
(You had some damn nerve to come back to me)
Now I see
Now I see
He was long gone
When he met me
And I realize
The joke is on me, hey
I knew you were trouble when you walked in (oh)
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
(I won't ever be blindsided like that again)
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been, yeah
Now I'm lyin' on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh (yeah)
Trouble, trouble, trouble
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
And the saddest fear
Comes creepin' in
That you never loved me
Or her
Or anyone
Or anything
Yeah
(You are just a liar!)
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been (never been)
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in (knew it right there)
(No one like you ever knows how to love anyone sincerely.)
So shame on me now (knew it right there)
Flew me to places I'd never been
(Ooh) now I'm lyin' on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble (oh)
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Trouble, trouble, trouble
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Trouble, trouble, trouble
(I wish I hadn't gone through so much trouble for you)
When the song ended I was surprised by the immediate applause and smiles that came. It felt like a dream. I smiled nervously and waved before stepping off stage.
Sabrina jerked me over to the side, "Oh my gosh girl that was amazing."
"You really think so?" I shrugged a bit nervously as my body was still shaking from adrenaline.
"Are you kidding?! Girl you are going places. There is no way this song won't be a hit especially with the way you sing. This deserves a celebration."
I smiled again, "I'm down for that."
We changed into more dressy clothes. I wore a sparkly lined blush dress with a open back while Sab sticked with a simple LBD. Most of the night I couldn't remember I was caught up dancing and drinking. The thoughts of euphoria and memories of me being tangled up with someone. The conformation I had was waking up bare skinned and alone with a note and some roses on my nightstand saying,
"Thanks for the memory."
I don't know who the hell this guy was and the fact I didn't even remember being attracted to any guy at the club had me a little on edge but Sab told me not to worry. It was a night of bliss and celebration I should just be happy I finally let go. I guess she was right.